Countdown to Commencement 2012 – Steven Karnyski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Steven Karnyski, a Biology major who is minoring in Chemistry and Mathematics. He was nominated by Dr. Kristen Picardo, Assistant Professor of Biology, and Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Associate Professor and Chair of the Biology department.
Picardo says the one thing she will remember about Karnyski is the day he rapped in class.
“Steve volunteered to rap a song about a biological process for the class as a fun way to remember the material. He stood up, turned his hat sideways, and rapped away about the evolution of a cell. I’ll remember that fun side of Steve forever!”
An excellent student athlete, Karnyski has also excelled in the classroom, maintaining a 3.92 GPA. He shares his knowledge with others by tutoring students in the Math Center. Additionally, he has worked on independent research in the Biology department and is an honors scholar. His academic achievement is not the only thing Karnyski should be proud of, as he also works hard on the field as a member of the St. John Fisher College baseball team.
Picardo and Lynd-Balta say that in ten years, they could see Karnyski as a successful physician. They said, “He will likely be a family man who is engaged in his community and perhaps even comes back to participate in Fisher Alumni events, especially in the sciences.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, Steven Karnyski! Best of luck to you, from the rest of the Fisher Family!
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference