Countdown to Commencement 2012 – Steven Karnyski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Steven Karnyski, a Biology major who is minoring in Chemistry and Mathematics. He was nominated by Dr. Kristen Picardo, Assistant Professor of Biology, and Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Associate Professor and Chair of the Biology department.
Picardo says the one thing she will remember about Karnyski is the day he rapped in class.
“Steve volunteered to rap a song about a biological process for the class as a fun way to remember the material. He stood up, turned his hat sideways, and rapped away about the evolution of a cell. I’ll remember that fun side of Steve forever!”
An excellent student athlete, Karnyski has also excelled in the classroom, maintaining a 3.92 GPA. He shares his knowledge with others by tutoring students in the Math Center. Additionally, he has worked on independent research in the Biology department and is an honors scholar. His academic achievement is not the only thing Karnyski should be proud of, as he also works hard on the field as a member of the St. John Fisher College baseball team.
Picardo and Lynd-Balta say that in ten years, they could see Karnyski as a successful physician. They said, “He will likely be a family man who is engaged in his community and perhaps even comes back to participate in Fisher Alumni events, especially in the sciences.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, Steven Karnyski! Best of luck to you, from the rest of the Fisher Family!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes