Countdown to Commencement 2012 – Steven Karnyski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Steven Karnyski, a Biology major who is minoring in Chemistry and Mathematics. He was nominated by Dr. Kristen Picardo, Assistant Professor of Biology, and Dr. Eileen Lynd-Balta, Associate Professor and Chair of the Biology department.
Picardo says the one thing she will remember about Karnyski is the day he rapped in class.
“Steve volunteered to rap a song about a biological process for the class as a fun way to remember the material. He stood up, turned his hat sideways, and rapped away about the evolution of a cell. I’ll remember that fun side of Steve forever!”
An excellent student athlete, Karnyski has also excelled in the classroom, maintaining a 3.92 GPA. He shares his knowledge with others by tutoring students in the Math Center. Additionally, he has worked on independent research in the Biology department and is an honors scholar. His academic achievement is not the only thing Karnyski should be proud of, as he also works hard on the field as a member of the St. John Fisher College baseball team.
Picardo and Lynd-Balta say that in ten years, they could see Karnyski as a successful physician. They said, “He will likely be a family man who is engaged in his community and perhaps even comes back to participate in Fisher Alumni events, especially in the sciences.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, Steven Karnyski! Best of luck to you, from the rest of the Fisher Family!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year