Fisher Students to “Rock the Vote”
With the presidential election right around the corner, students at St. John Fisher College are organizing a “Rock the Vote” event on campus, aimed at educating their peers about the candidates, the current issues, and why their vote is important. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 2, from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. It is being hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB), and lunch will be provided.
The College’s new Young Voters Club will be holding voter registration throughout the event. In addition, life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto will be on campus to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto is a former agent for artists including Beyonce and Usher, and will speak at 12:30 p.m.
Mark Prunella-Miller ’13, the spotlight coordinator for the SAB, said the club thought it was the ideal year to bring the event back to campus and see the student energy around the upcoming election.
“It is often the case that studies take up most of a student's time, and they do not spend as much time following politics or the important issues,” said Prunella-Miller. “This will be the first presidential election that the majority of the student body will be able to vote in, since most of the senior class was too young in 2008, so we’re excited about that.”
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference