Fisher Students to “Rock the Vote”
With the presidential election right around the corner, students at St. John Fisher College are organizing a “Rock the Vote” event on campus, aimed at educating their peers about the candidates, the current issues, and why their vote is important. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 2, from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. It is being hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB), and lunch will be provided.
The College’s new Young Voters Club will be holding voter registration throughout the event. In addition, life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto will be on campus to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto is a former agent for artists including Beyonce and Usher, and will speak at 12:30 p.m.
Mark Prunella-Miller ’13, the spotlight coordinator for the SAB, said the club thought it was the ideal year to bring the event back to campus and see the student energy around the upcoming election.
“It is often the case that studies take up most of a student's time, and they do not spend as much time following politics or the important issues,” said Prunella-Miller. “This will be the first presidential election that the majority of the student body will be able to vote in, since most of the senior class was too young in 2008, so we’re excited about that.”
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards