Fisher Students to “Rock the Vote”
With the presidential election right around the corner, students at St. John Fisher College are organizing a “Rock the Vote” event on campus, aimed at educating their peers about the candidates, the current issues, and why their vote is important. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 2, from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage. It is being hosted by the Student Activities Board (SAB), and lunch will be provided.
The College’s new Young Voters Club will be holding voter registration throughout the event. In addition, life coach, author, and speaker John Germain Leto will be on campus to give students a motivational talk about the difference their vote can make. Leto is a former agent for artists including Beyonce and Usher, and will speak at 12:30 p.m.
Mark Prunella-Miller ’13, the spotlight coordinator for the SAB, said the club thought it was the ideal year to bring the event back to campus and see the student energy around the upcoming election.
“It is often the case that studies take up most of a student's time, and they do not spend as much time following politics or the important issues,” said Prunella-Miller. “This will be the first presidential election that the majority of the student body will be able to vote in, since most of the senior class was too young in 2008, so we’re excited about that.”
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation