Sodano Chosen as Faculty Fellow for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Seminar
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
The seminar took place in Los Angeles, and offered faculty opportunities to see how television entertainment works behind-the-scenes. The faculty fellows were chosen by a selection committee.
The five-day seminar included lively group discussions, presentations, and interactions with major studios, production companies, major television networks and their top production and programming professionals.
Sodano said the seminar was “an incredible look into the current—and future—state of television.”
During the seminar, the group toured Stargate Studios, the visual effects hub for shows including The Walking Dead, Parenthood, and Pan Am. They also visited the Warner Bros. lot and toured the sets of popular shows such as Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and Conan.
Session topics included: “Producers and Writers: How they function,” “Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres,” “Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching,” “Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation,” “Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information,” “Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology,” and “Production Meetings: See industry pros in action.”
The annual seminar is administered by the Television Academy Foundation’s Education Programs Department.
Sodano with Kelley Dixon, Emmy-nominated editor for the television series "Breaking Bad."
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship