Sodano Chosen as Faculty Fellow for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Seminar
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
The seminar took place in Los Angeles, and offered faculty opportunities to see how television entertainment works behind-the-scenes. The faculty fellows were chosen by a selection committee.
The five-day seminar included lively group discussions, presentations, and interactions with major studios, production companies, major television networks and their top production and programming professionals.
Sodano said the seminar was “an incredible look into the current—and future—state of television.”
During the seminar, the group toured Stargate Studios, the visual effects hub for shows including The Walking Dead, Parenthood, and Pan Am. They also visited the Warner Bros. lot and toured the sets of popular shows such as Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and Conan.
Session topics included: “Producers and Writers: How they function,” “Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres,” “Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching,” “Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation,” “Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information,” “Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology,” and “Production Meetings: See industry pros in action.”
The annual seminar is administered by the Television Academy Foundation’s Education Programs Department.
Sodano with Kelley Dixon, Emmy-nominated editor for the television series "Breaking Bad."
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance