Sodano Chosen as Faculty Fellow for Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Seminar
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
The seminar took place in Los Angeles, and offered faculty opportunities to see how television entertainment works behind-the-scenes. The faculty fellows were chosen by a selection committee.
The five-day seminar included lively group discussions, presentations, and interactions with major studios, production companies, major television networks and their top production and programming professionals.
Sodano said the seminar was “an incredible look into the current—and future—state of television.”
During the seminar, the group toured Stargate Studios, the visual effects hub for shows including The Walking Dead, Parenthood, and Pan Am. They also visited the Warner Bros. lot and toured the sets of popular shows such as Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and Conan.
Session topics included: “Producers and Writers: How they function,” “Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres,” “Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching,” “Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation,” “Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information,” “Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology,” and “Production Meetings: See industry pros in action.”
The annual seminar is administered by the Television Academy Foundation’s Education Programs Department.
Sodano with Kelley Dixon, Emmy-nominated editor for the television series "Breaking Bad."
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation