Over 300 Attend Latin Film Festival at Fisher
Over 300 people flooded the St. John Fisher College campus on Saturday, September 15, to attend the Latino Film Festival – an all-day celebration featuring four Latino films. The festival was co-sponsored by the Puerto Rican Festival, Inc. and the College’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. This was the second annual festival. In 2011, it was held at The Little Theatre in downtown Rochester.
The PRFI was formed to provide cultural events aimed at celebrating the history and heritage of the Puerto Rican culture. The film festival included screenings of four powerful and inspiring Latino films: “Viva Cuba,” “Santo Domingo Blues,” “Borinqueneers,” and “Un Cuento Chino.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship