Over 300 Attend Latin Film Festival at Fisher
Over 300 people flooded the St. John Fisher College campus on Saturday, September 15, to attend the Latino Film Festival – an all-day celebration featuring four Latino films. The festival was co-sponsored by the Puerto Rican Festival, Inc. and the College’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. This was the second annual festival. In 2011, it was held at The Little Theatre in downtown Rochester.
The PRFI was formed to provide cultural events aimed at celebrating the history and heritage of the Puerto Rican culture. The film festival included screenings of four powerful and inspiring Latino films: “Viva Cuba,” “Santo Domingo Blues,” “Borinqueneers,” and “Un Cuento Chino.”
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition