Over 300 Attend Latin Film Festival at Fisher
Over 300 people flooded the St. John Fisher College campus on Saturday, September 15, to attend the Latino Film Festival – an all-day celebration featuring four Latino films. The festival was co-sponsored by the Puerto Rican Festival, Inc. and the College’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. This was the second annual festival. In 2011, it was held at The Little Theatre in downtown Rochester.
The PRFI was formed to provide cultural events aimed at celebrating the history and heritage of the Puerto Rican culture. The film festival included screenings of four powerful and inspiring Latino films: “Viva Cuba,” “Santo Domingo Blues,” “Borinqueneers,” and “Un Cuento Chino.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades