Over 300 Attend Latin Film Festival at Fisher
Over 300 people flooded the St. John Fisher College campus on Saturday, September 15, to attend the Latino Film Festival – an all-day celebration featuring four Latino films. The festival was co-sponsored by the Puerto Rican Festival, Inc. and the College’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. This was the second annual festival. In 2011, it was held at The Little Theatre in downtown Rochester.
The PRFI was formed to provide cultural events aimed at celebrating the history and heritage of the Puerto Rican culture. The film festival included screenings of four powerful and inspiring Latino films: “Viva Cuba,” “Santo Domingo Blues,” “Borinqueneers,” and “Un Cuento Chino.”
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History