Over 300 Attend Latin Film Festival at Fisher
Over 300 people flooded the St. John Fisher College campus on Saturday, September 15, to attend the Latino Film Festival – an all-day celebration featuring four Latino films. The festival was co-sponsored by the Puerto Rican Festival, Inc. and the College’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs. This was the second annual festival. In 2011, it was held at The Little Theatre in downtown Rochester.
The PRFI was formed to provide cultural events aimed at celebrating the history and heritage of the Puerto Rican culture. The film festival included screenings of four powerful and inspiring Latino films: “Viva Cuba,” “Santo Domingo Blues,” “Borinqueneers,” and “Un Cuento Chino.”
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacco Named Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
- Turner to Deliver Talk at Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research at Cornell University
- Education Faculty Publish in International Journal
- Fisher Faculty Wins Visiting Position Abroad
- Ed.D. Graduate Selected to Present at LGBT Research Symposium