Spring "Gender in the World Series" Announced
Chutes and Ladders? G.I. Joe? Barbie and Ken? Do these toys ring a bell? The Women and Gender Studies Department, with assistance from The Strong National Museum of Play, announces their Spring Gender in the World Series. And on Wednesday, April 6, you can experience a self-guided exhibit down a toy memory lane!
The exhibit will be in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel, and will feature historical and current toys, games, children's books, and even some children's films. Participants are encouraged to browse through the displays, using the critical thinking and discussion questions to explore how gender ideology is present in these everyday items.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to become part of The Strong National Museum of Play's permanent archives. The Museum is currently accepting short video clips to support their "America at Play: Play Stories" exhibit. During Fisher's exhibit hours on April 6, participants are invited to record a brief video narrating one of their favorite play experiences.
All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend to see if "you are what you play with."
The exhibit will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Emily Dane at email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources
- Fisher Lights the Steeple Blue for Child Advocacy Month
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain