Spring "Gender in the World Series" Announced
Chutes and Ladders? G.I. Joe? Barbie and Ken? Do these toys ring a bell? The Women and Gender Studies Department, with assistance from The Strong National Museum of Play, announces their Spring Gender in the World Series. And on Wednesday, April 6, you can experience a self-guided exhibit down a toy memory lane!
The exhibit will be in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel, and will feature historical and current toys, games, children's books, and even some children's films. Participants are encouraged to browse through the displays, using the critical thinking and discussion questions to explore how gender ideology is present in these everyday items.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to become part of The Strong National Museum of Play's permanent archives. The Museum is currently accepting short video clips to support their "America at Play: Play Stories" exhibit. During Fisher's exhibit hours on April 6, participants are invited to record a brief video narrating one of their favorite play experiences.
All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend to see if "you are what you play with."
The exhibit will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Emily Dane at email@example.com.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium