Spring "Gender in the World Series" Announced
Chutes and Ladders? G.I. Joe? Barbie and Ken? Do these toys ring a bell? The Women and Gender Studies Department, with assistance from The Strong National Museum of Play, announces their Spring Gender in the World Series. And on Wednesday, April 6, you can experience a self-guided exhibit down a toy memory lane!
The exhibit will be in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel, and will feature historical and current toys, games, children's books, and even some children's films. Participants are encouraged to browse through the displays, using the critical thinking and discussion questions to explore how gender ideology is present in these everyday items.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to become part of The Strong National Museum of Play's permanent archives. The Museum is currently accepting short video clips to support their "America at Play: Play Stories" exhibit. During Fisher's exhibit hours on April 6, participants are invited to record a brief video narrating one of their favorite play experiences.
All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend to see if "you are what you play with."
The exhibit will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Emily Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year