Spring "Gender in the World Series" Announced
Chutes and Ladders? G.I. Joe? Barbie and Ken? Do these toys ring a bell? The Women and Gender Studies Department, with assistance from The Strong National Museum of Play, announces their Spring Gender in the World Series. And on Wednesday, April 6, you can experience a self-guided exhibit down a toy memory lane!
The exhibit will be in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel, and will feature historical and current toys, games, children's books, and even some children's films. Participants are encouraged to browse through the displays, using the critical thinking and discussion questions to explore how gender ideology is present in these everyday items.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to become part of The Strong National Museum of Play's permanent archives. The Museum is currently accepting short video clips to support their "America at Play: Play Stories" exhibit. During Fisher's exhibit hours on April 6, participants are invited to record a brief video narrating one of their favorite play experiences.
All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend to see if "you are what you play with."
The exhibit will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Emily Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems