Spring "Gender in the World Series" Announced
Chutes and Ladders? G.I. Joe? Barbie and Ken? Do these toys ring a bell? The Women and Gender Studies Department, with assistance from The Strong National Museum of Play, announces their Spring Gender in the World Series. And on Wednesday, April 6, you can experience a self-guided exhibit down a toy memory lane!
The exhibit will be in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel, and will feature historical and current toys, games, children's books, and even some children's films. Participants are encouraged to browse through the displays, using the critical thinking and discussion questions to explore how gender ideology is present in these everyday items.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to become part of The Strong National Museum of Play's permanent archives. The Museum is currently accepting short video clips to support their "America at Play: Play Stories" exhibit. During Fisher's exhibit hours on April 6, participants are invited to record a brief video narrating one of their favorite play experiences.
All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend to see if "you are what you play with."
The exhibit will be open from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Emily Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance