Pi Mu Epsilon Inducts New Members
The Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences recently announced the induction of four new members of the New York Alpha Sigma Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon at St. John Fisher College. The induction ceremony was held April 13 in the Hughes Rotunda.
Students Victoria Alfieri, Rachel Kline, and Christopher Manzella were inducted into the chapter. Dr. Donald Muench, Professor of Mathematics and member of the College’s Pioneer Class of 1955, was also inducted into the chapter.
Alfieri is a third-generation Cardinal. Her grandfather, Vincent J. Alfieri, graduated with Muench, and her mother, Shelley Alfieri (nee Lowe), graduated from the College in 1992, making Victoria (Class of 2013) a third-generation Cardinal!
The New York Alpha Sigma Chapter was created in 2011 as the 351st chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon. As a national mathematics honor society, Pi Mu Epsilon is devoted to the promotion of scholarly activity in mathematics at academic institutions.
From L to R: Donald Muench, Christopher Manzella, Rachael Kline, and Victoria Alfieri.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources