Pi Mu Epsilon Inducts New Members
The Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences recently announced the induction of four new members of the New York Alpha Sigma Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon at St. John Fisher College. The induction ceremony was held April 13 in the Hughes Rotunda.
Students Victoria Alfieri, Rachel Kline, and Christopher Manzella were inducted into the chapter. Dr. Donald Muench, Professor of Mathematics and member of the College’s Pioneer Class of 1955, was also inducted into the chapter.
Alfieri is a third-generation Cardinal. Her grandfather, Vincent J. Alfieri, graduated with Muench, and her mother, Shelley Alfieri (nee Lowe), graduated from the College in 1992, making Victoria (Class of 2013) a third-generation Cardinal!
The New York Alpha Sigma Chapter was created in 2011 as the 351st chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon. As a national mathematics honor society, Pi Mu Epsilon is devoted to the promotion of scholarly activity in mathematics at academic institutions.
From L to R: Donald Muench, Christopher Manzella, Rachael Kline, and Victoria Alfieri.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students