Pi Mu Epsilon Inducts New Members
The Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences recently announced the induction of four new members of the New York Alpha Sigma Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon at St. John Fisher College. The induction ceremony was held April 13 in the Hughes Rotunda.
Students Victoria Alfieri, Rachel Kline, and Christopher Manzella were inducted into the chapter. Dr. Donald Muench, Professor of Mathematics and member of the College’s Pioneer Class of 1955, was also inducted into the chapter.
Alfieri is a third-generation Cardinal. Her grandfather, Vincent J. Alfieri, graduated with Muench, and her mother, Shelley Alfieri (nee Lowe), graduated from the College in 1992, making Victoria (Class of 2013) a third-generation Cardinal!
The New York Alpha Sigma Chapter was created in 2011 as the 351st chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon. As a national mathematics honor society, Pi Mu Epsilon is devoted to the promotion of scholarly activity in mathematics at academic institutions.
From L to R: Donald Muench, Christopher Manzella, Rachael Kline, and Victoria Alfieri.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”