Pi Mu Epsilon Inducts New Members
The Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences recently announced the induction of four new members of the New York Alpha Sigma Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon at St. John Fisher College. The induction ceremony was held April 13 in the Hughes Rotunda.
Students Victoria Alfieri, Rachel Kline, and Christopher Manzella were inducted into the chapter. Dr. Donald Muench, Professor of Mathematics and member of the College’s Pioneer Class of 1955, was also inducted into the chapter.
Alfieri is a third-generation Cardinal. Her grandfather, Vincent J. Alfieri, graduated with Muench, and her mother, Shelley Alfieri (nee Lowe), graduated from the College in 1992, making Victoria (Class of 2013) a third-generation Cardinal!
The New York Alpha Sigma Chapter was created in 2011 as the 351st chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon. As a national mathematics honor society, Pi Mu Epsilon is devoted to the promotion of scholarly activity in mathematics at academic institutions.
From L to R: Donald Muench, Christopher Manzella, Rachael Kline, and Victoria Alfieri.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam