St. John Fisher College’s 10th Justinian Medal Presented to Anne Dyring Riley, Esq. ’80
At an early evening reception on December 1, St. John Fisher College awarded its tenth annual Justinian Medal to Anne Dyring Riley, Esq. ’80.
The Justinian Medal is given by the College and the Justinian Order, which is comprised of 420 judges and attorneys, all graduates of Fisher, to an individual in recognition of his or her outstanding service and civic leadership in numerous professional, business, and charitable endeavors in the community and at the College.
Riley joins past Justinian Medal recipients Leo J. Kesselring, Esq. ’55; U.S. District Court Judge (senior status) David G. Larimer ’66; New York State Supreme Court Justice Francis A. Affronti ’63; Thomas N. Trevett ’64, Partner in the law firm of Trevett, Lenweaver & Salzer, PC; the Honorable Edmund A. Calvaruso ’66, Monroe County Surrogate’s Court Judge; R. Wayne LeChase, Chairman, LeChase Construction Services, LLC; the Honorable Joseph D. McGuire ’66, Supreme Court Justice in the Fifth District; Frank B. Iacovangelo, Esq. ’62; and Richard Calabrese, Esq. ’57.
“Anne embodies the attributes of all the prior recipients of the Justinian Medal. Not only is she a successful graduate in law, but one who has generously contributed her talents and efforts in support of Fisher and the Justinian Order,” said Greg Huether, Esq.’76, who introduced Riley.
Riley graduated from Brighton High School in 1976 and transferred to Fisher in 1978, where she joined the pre-law program and participated in the Washington Semester Program. After graduating from Fisher in 1980, she went on to earn her J.D. from the University of Dayton Law School in 1983.
She started her legal career at the Rochester City School District counsel’s office, and then moved on to the Monroe County Legal Aid Society. In 1991, she went into private practice where she has worked ever since. Her experience ranges from small firms to large firms, including DiMarco & Riley and Harris Beach.
She started her private practice in 2007. Riley is also the Deputy Town Attorney for Zoning Board of Appeals in Webster, a position she has held since 1991. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Monroe County Bar Association, and the Federal Communications Bar Association.
She lives in Webster with her husband, Tim ’80. They have four children. Riley is an active member of Holy Trinity Parish, and other organizations in the Webster community.
The Justinian Order of St. John Fisher College, formed in the spring of 2002, is an academic and legal society intended to create collegiality among Fisher graduates professionally involved in the law. The members have the opportunity to gather socially, bond professionally, and pass on the legacy of Fisher’s legal scholarship to younger Fisher alumni and students.
From L to R: James Vacca, Esq. '80, President of the Justinian Order Board of Directors; Greg Heuther, Esq. '76, Secretary/Treasurer of the Justinian Order Board; Anne Dyring Riley, Esq. '80; President Donald Bain; Michael Goonan '75, Chair, St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference