Alum and Trustee Named to Holy See Press Office during Papal Transition
Rev. Thomas Rosica ’80, CEO of the Salt and Light TV Network in Canada and member of the College’s Board of Trustees, has been appointed by the Vatican to serve as the assistant to Fr. Frederico Lombardi, SJ, Papal Spokesperson and Head of the Holy See Press Office and Vatican Radio.
Fr. Rosica began his work at the Vatican last week and will serve until the inauguration of Petrine Ministry of the new pope in late March.
His responsibilities will include handling all media relations, and assisting with all press briefings and press conferences in the Vatican Press Center as the transition from Pope Benedict XVI and the incoming pope unfolds.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice