Dr. Timothy Madigan Publishes Journal Article
Dr. Timothy Madigan, assistant professor in the Philosophy Department, published an article in the current issue of Russell: The Journal of Bertrand Russell Studies.
Keeping the popular phrase “six degrees of separation” in mind, his article is entitled, “Six Degrees of Bertrand Russell.” In the article, Madigan discusses Russell's philosophy of history, and points out that Russell (who lived to be 97) was himself connected to many important historical figures, from Lenin (V.I.) to Lennon (John).
Russell was a British philosopher, logician, essayist and social critic. He was best known for his work in mathematical logic analytic philosophy. He made significant contributions during his long career, not just to logic and philosophy, but to a broad range of subjects including education, history, political theory and religious studies. And he was also surrounded by controversy, including dismissals from Trinity College, Cambridge and City College, New York.
The journal, Russell, is devoted to the study of all aspects of Bertrand Russell's thought as well as his life, times and influence. In addition to original research and reviews of new books, Russell publishes new texts and textual studies, discussions, bibliographies, indexes, and archival lists. Scholarly articles submitted to the journal are peer-reviewed twice anonymously.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship