Dr. Timothy Madigan Publishes Journal Article
Dr. Timothy Madigan, assistant professor in the Philosophy Department, published an article in the current issue of Russell: The Journal of Bertrand Russell Studies.
Keeping the popular phrase “six degrees of separation” in mind, his article is entitled, “Six Degrees of Bertrand Russell.” In the article, Madigan discusses Russell's philosophy of history, and points out that Russell (who lived to be 97) was himself connected to many important historical figures, from Lenin (V.I.) to Lennon (John).
Russell was a British philosopher, logician, essayist and social critic. He was best known for his work in mathematical logic analytic philosophy. He made significant contributions during his long career, not just to logic and philosophy, but to a broad range of subjects including education, history, political theory and religious studies. And he was also surrounded by controversy, including dismissals from Trinity College, Cambridge and City College, New York.
The journal, Russell, is devoted to the study of all aspects of Bertrand Russell's thought as well as his life, times and influence. In addition to original research and reviews of new books, Russell publishes new texts and textual studies, discussions, bibliographies, indexes, and archival lists. Scholarly articles submitted to the journal are peer-reviewed twice anonymously.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students