Dr. Timothy Madigan Publishes Journal Article
Dr. Timothy Madigan, assistant professor in the Philosophy Department, published an article in the current issue of Russell: The Journal of Bertrand Russell Studies.
Keeping the popular phrase “six degrees of separation” in mind, his article is entitled, “Six Degrees of Bertrand Russell.” In the article, Madigan discusses Russell's philosophy of history, and points out that Russell (who lived to be 97) was himself connected to many important historical figures, from Lenin (V.I.) to Lennon (John).
Russell was a British philosopher, logician, essayist and social critic. He was best known for his work in mathematical logic analytic philosophy. He made significant contributions during his long career, not just to logic and philosophy, but to a broad range of subjects including education, history, political theory and religious studies. And he was also surrounded by controversy, including dismissals from Trinity College, Cambridge and City College, New York.
The journal, Russell, is devoted to the study of all aspects of Bertrand Russell's thought as well as his life, times and influence. In addition to original research and reviews of new books, Russell publishes new texts and textual studies, discussions, bibliographies, indexes, and archival lists. Scholarly articles submitted to the journal are peer-reviewed twice anonymously.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans