Dr. Timothy Madigan Publishes Journal Article
Dr. Timothy Madigan, assistant professor in the Philosophy Department, published an article in the current issue of Russell: The Journal of Bertrand Russell Studies.
Keeping the popular phrase “six degrees of separation” in mind, his article is entitled, “Six Degrees of Bertrand Russell.” In the article, Madigan discusses Russell's philosophy of history, and points out that Russell (who lived to be 97) was himself connected to many important historical figures, from Lenin (V.I.) to Lennon (John).
Russell was a British philosopher, logician, essayist and social critic. He was best known for his work in mathematical logic analytic philosophy. He made significant contributions during his long career, not just to logic and philosophy, but to a broad range of subjects including education, history, political theory and religious studies. And he was also surrounded by controversy, including dismissals from Trinity College, Cambridge and City College, New York.
The journal, Russell, is devoted to the study of all aspects of Bertrand Russell's thought as well as his life, times and influence. In addition to original research and reviews of new books, Russell publishes new texts and textual studies, discussions, bibliographies, indexes, and archival lists. Scholarly articles submitted to the journal are peer-reviewed twice anonymously.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner