Dr. Timothy Madigan Publishes Journal Article
Dr. Timothy Madigan, assistant professor in the Philosophy Department, published an article in the current issue of Russell: The Journal of Bertrand Russell Studies.
Keeping the popular phrase “six degrees of separation” in mind, his article is entitled, “Six Degrees of Bertrand Russell.” In the article, Madigan discusses Russell's philosophy of history, and points out that Russell (who lived to be 97) was himself connected to many important historical figures, from Lenin (V.I.) to Lennon (John).
Russell was a British philosopher, logician, essayist and social critic. He was best known for his work in mathematical logic analytic philosophy. He made significant contributions during his long career, not just to logic and philosophy, but to a broad range of subjects including education, history, political theory and religious studies. And he was also surrounded by controversy, including dismissals from Trinity College, Cambridge and City College, New York.
The journal, Russell, is devoted to the study of all aspects of Bertrand Russell's thought as well as his life, times and influence. In addition to original research and reviews of new books, Russell publishes new texts and textual studies, discussions, bibliographies, indexes, and archival lists. Scholarly articles submitted to the journal are peer-reviewed twice anonymously.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award