Rice's Collaboration with RIT Featured in Democrat & Chronicle
The collaboration between Dr. Rob Rice, Director of Clinical Internships in the Mental Health Counseling Program, and two colleagues from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), was recently featured in the Democrat & Chronicle.
Earlier this year, Rice worked with Dr. Laurence Sugarman, Director of the Center for Applied Psychophysiology and Self-Regulation at RIT’s Institute of Health Sciences and Technology and Clinical Associate Professor in Pediatrics at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and Dr. Stephen Jacobs, Associate Professor of RIT’s School of Interactive Games and Media, on a project called, “MindGamers.” It is a role-playing video game designed to teach calming and self-regulating skills to teenagers with autism spectrum and obsessive-compulsive disorders. The idea is for a patient to play the game during a therapy session in an effort to learn to control stress and overcome certain thoughts and behaviors. While the game is still being developed, the trio hopes to have a playable first-level game by fall.
Rice and Anne Hope, recent graduate of the MHC program who now works for Sugarman, are both quoted in the article.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources