Countdown to Commencement - Graham Wilcox
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Graham Wilcox, a double major in English and History. He was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
According to Bowman, Wilcox is extremely serious about his academics and forces his peers to raise the bar.
“Graham helped me to keep my expectations high for classroom learning and his presence as a student inspired me to challenge myself,” added Bowman.
Wilcox is extremely motivated which led him to receive a service- learning leadership position in the fall and spring of 2013. In the fall of 2013, he served as the project leader and coordinating communication with his peers and the organization. His peers have praised him for his “positive role as a peer respondent, collaborator, and class colleague.”
He was the editorial reviewer for The Angle and has planned events for the College Voting Club. Wilcox is committed to civic engagement, and Bowman also said he has put tremendous effort into promoting political participation in local and national elections.
In five years, Bowman sees Wilcox completing his comprehensive exams and getting ready to write his doctoral dissertation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Graham Wilcox!
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference