Countdown to Commencement - Graham Wilcox
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Graham Wilcox, a double major in English and History. He was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
According to Bowman, Wilcox is extremely serious about his academics and forces his peers to raise the bar.
“Graham helped me to keep my expectations high for classroom learning and his presence as a student inspired me to challenge myself,” added Bowman.
Wilcox is extremely motivated which led him to receive a service- learning leadership position in the fall and spring of 2013. In the fall of 2013, he served as the project leader and coordinating communication with his peers and the organization. His peers have praised him for his “positive role as a peer respondent, collaborator, and class colleague.”
He was the editorial reviewer for The Angle and has planned events for the College Voting Club. Wilcox is committed to civic engagement, and Bowman also said he has put tremendous effort into promoting political participation in local and national elections.
In five years, Bowman sees Wilcox completing his comprehensive exams and getting ready to write his doctoral dissertation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Graham Wilcox!
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence