Countdown to Commencement - Graham Wilcox
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Graham Wilcox, a double major in English and History. He was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
According to Bowman, Wilcox is extremely serious about his academics and forces his peers to raise the bar.
“Graham helped me to keep my expectations high for classroom learning and his presence as a student inspired me to challenge myself,” added Bowman.
Wilcox is extremely motivated which led him to receive a service- learning leadership position in the fall and spring of 2013. In the fall of 2013, he served as the project leader and coordinating communication with his peers and the organization. His peers have praised him for his “positive role as a peer respondent, collaborator, and class colleague.”
He was the editorial reviewer for The Angle and has planned events for the College Voting Club. Wilcox is committed to civic engagement, and Bowman also said he has put tremendous effort into promoting political participation in local and national elections.
In five years, Bowman sees Wilcox completing his comprehensive exams and getting ready to write his doctoral dissertation.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Graham Wilcox!
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference