Lavery Library Director Appointed to Information Delivery Services Project Advisory Council
Melissa Jadlos, Director of Lavery Library at St. John Fisher College, was recently appointed to the Information Delivery Services (IDS) Project Advisory Council. The IDS Project is an award-winning initiative that offers a resource-sharing model to help librarians maintain efficient and effective information delivery services for their users.
Over 50 libraries participate in the project, and Lavery Library has been a member since 2007. According to Jadlos, membership has provided many benefits to the Fisher community, including faster interlibrary loan service.
The IDS Project is a mutually supportive resource-sharing cooperative within New York State whose members include public and private academic libraries, the New York Public Library, and the New York State Library. The major goal of the Project is to continually implement and objectively evaluate innovative resource-sharing strategies, policies, and procedures that will optimize mutual access to the information resources of all IDS Project libraries.
Latest College News Stories
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read