School of Nursing Hosts Future of Nursing Initiative Meeting
On Thursday, November 17, the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing hosted representatives from all of the associate degree nursing programs, and collegiate RN-to-BS degree programs in the Finger Lakes area for a meeting regarding the Future of Nursing Initiative.
The group, co-chaired by Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, discussed strategies that would achieve recommendations put forth by the Institute of Medicine that 80% of the nursing workforce be baccalaureate-prepared by 2020.
During the meeting, the group identified the importance of collaboration among all programs, as well as the importance of building on work that has already been accomplished by the Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Councils of Nurse Educators. In addition, they discussed challenges and innovative potential programs.
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Director, Graduate Program in Advanced Practice Nursing in the School of Nursing, is leading the initiative in the Finger Lakes region. She has been working behind the scenes with the leaders of the regional team, orienting them to the initiative and devising an action plan. Next steps will include additional meetings among the leaders and nurse volunteers for a kick-off event in March 2012.
Latest College News Stories
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education