School of Nursing Hosts Future of Nursing Initiative Meeting
On Thursday, November 17, the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing hosted representatives from all of the associate degree nursing programs, and collegiate RN-to-BS degree programs in the Finger Lakes area for a meeting regarding the Future of Nursing Initiative.
The group, co-chaired by Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, discussed strategies that would achieve recommendations put forth by the Institute of Medicine that 80% of the nursing workforce be baccalaureate-prepared by 2020.
During the meeting, the group identified the importance of collaboration among all programs, as well as the importance of building on work that has already been accomplished by the Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Councils of Nurse Educators. In addition, they discussed challenges and innovative potential programs.
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Director, Graduate Program in Advanced Practice Nursing in the School of Nursing, is leading the initiative in the Finger Lakes region. She has been working behind the scenes with the leaders of the regional team, orienting them to the initiative and devising an action plan. Next steps will include additional meetings among the leaders and nurse volunteers for a kick-off event in March 2012.
Latest College News Stories
- Digital Cultures Student Show Opening Reception March 12
- Lavery Library Host to “The Irish and the American Civil War” Exhibit, Opening Ceremony March 15
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany