School of Nursing Hosts Future of Nursing Initiative Meeting
On Thursday, November 17, the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing hosted representatives from all of the associate degree nursing programs, and collegiate RN-to-BS degree programs in the Finger Lakes area for a meeting regarding the Future of Nursing Initiative.
The group, co-chaired by Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, discussed strategies that would achieve recommendations put forth by the Institute of Medicine that 80% of the nursing workforce be baccalaureate-prepared by 2020.
During the meeting, the group identified the importance of collaboration among all programs, as well as the importance of building on work that has already been accomplished by the Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Councils of Nurse Educators. In addition, they discussed challenges and innovative potential programs.
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Director, Graduate Program in Advanced Practice Nursing in the School of Nursing, is leading the initiative in the Finger Lakes region. She has been working behind the scenes with the leaders of the regional team, orienting them to the initiative and devising an action plan. Next steps will include additional meetings among the leaders and nurse volunteers for a kick-off event in March 2012.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice