School of Nursing Hosts Future of Nursing Initiative Meeting
On Thursday, November 17, the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing hosted representatives from all of the associate degree nursing programs, and collegiate RN-to-BS degree programs in the Finger Lakes area for a meeting regarding the Future of Nursing Initiative.
The group, co-chaired by Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, discussed strategies that would achieve recommendations put forth by the Institute of Medicine that 80% of the nursing workforce be baccalaureate-prepared by 2020.
During the meeting, the group identified the importance of collaboration among all programs, as well as the importance of building on work that has already been accomplished by the Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Councils of Nurse Educators. In addition, they discussed challenges and innovative potential programs.
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Director, Graduate Program in Advanced Practice Nursing in the School of Nursing, is leading the initiative in the Finger Lakes region. She has been working behind the scenes with the leaders of the regional team, orienting them to the initiative and devising an action plan. Next steps will include additional meetings among the leaders and nurse volunteers for a kick-off event in March 2012.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards