School of Nursing Hosts Future of Nursing Initiative Meeting
On Thursday, November 17, the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing hosted representatives from all of the associate degree nursing programs, and collegiate RN-to-BS degree programs in the Finger Lakes area for a meeting regarding the Future of Nursing Initiative.
The group, co-chaired by Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, discussed strategies that would achieve recommendations put forth by the Institute of Medicine that 80% of the nursing workforce be baccalaureate-prepared by 2020.
During the meeting, the group identified the importance of collaboration among all programs, as well as the importance of building on work that has already been accomplished by the Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Councils of Nurse Educators. In addition, they discussed challenges and innovative potential programs.
Dr. Cynthia McCloskey, Director, Graduate Program in Advanced Practice Nursing in the School of Nursing, is leading the initiative in the Finger Lakes region. She has been working behind the scenes with the leaders of the regional team, orienting them to the initiative and devising an action plan. Next steps will include additional meetings among the leaders and nurse volunteers for a kick-off event in March 2012.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant