Fall Forum Well Attended, Reports Good News
On Thursday, October 18, Dr. Donald Bain hosted the annual President’s Fall Forum, inviting the entire campus community to hear a progress update on the College’s academic programs, enrollment, financials, campus life, and fundraising activities.
Some of the forum’s reported highlights included:
- New academic programs this year include the Joint Pharm.D./MBA, Digital Cultures and Technologies major, Ethics minor, and the Online RN-to-BS in Nursing Program.
- The construction of the loop road is complete, and the physical plant (facilities) building is getting closer to completion, which is anticipated near the end of this semester. Construction on the Wegmans School of Nursing addition will begin once the Physical Plant is complete. And the Salerno Center for American Enterprise is also on track.
- The academic programs that were completed over the summer months and are currently underway were highlighted, and those included the Pharmacy Teaching Certificate Program, and the School of Education’s Literacy Clinic, Rochester Leadership Academy Summer Retreat, the AP Summer Institute, and the University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men.
- Experiential learning was also mentioned, specifically the recent Wegmans School of Pharmacy medical mission trip to El Salvador, Wegmans School of Nursing’s senior preceptorship sites in Peru and Ireland, and the Fisher Science Fellows and Summer Arts and Sciences Experiential Awards.
- The College is enjoying its 2nd highest enrollment in history, with a total enrollment of 4,022 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Earlier this fall, the College was included in two prestigious college rankings including: U.S. News & World Report (ranked 151 out of 204), and “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes.com (ranked 440 out of 650). In addition, the College made the “Fastest Growing Campuses” list, published by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and ranked 11 in the top 20.
- Homecoming Reunion Weekend was another success, with an 11% increase in overall attendance and a 15% increase in alumni attendance.
- The Vision 2020 Capital Campaign is at 102.3% of its $50 million campaign, and has raised $51,143,871.00 to date. The campaign will officially end in December with a donor recognition event and formal announcement. The Fisher Fund’s goal is $1,200,000, and is also on track. The faculty/staff campaign will kick off November 27.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship