Schlosser Participates in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation” Forum
Dr. Linda Schlosser, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, participated in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation: Middle School Moment” forum on September 24, which focused on the school dropout crisis in Rochester and Upstate New York. The forum was held at WXXI’s Studios in downtown Rochester.
Schlosser was one of three expert panelists alongside Dr. David Hursh from the University of Rochester’s Warner School of Education and Jeremy Smith, Community Development Director at the NEAD/CDF Freedom School. The panel was facilitated by WXXI News Director Julie Phillip.
The forum also featured a short PBS Frontline film called Middle School Moment, which explores evidence suggesting the make-or-break moment for high school dropouts really happens in middle school.
“Innovation Conversation” was part of WXXI’s American Graduate Initiative.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant