Schlosser Participates in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation” Forum
Dr. Linda Schlosser, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, participated in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation: Middle School Moment” forum on September 24, which focused on the school dropout crisis in Rochester and Upstate New York. The forum was held at WXXI’s Studios in downtown Rochester.
Schlosser was one of three expert panelists alongside Dr. David Hursh from the University of Rochester’s Warner School of Education and Jeremy Smith, Community Development Director at the NEAD/CDF Freedom School. The panel was facilitated by WXXI News Director Julie Phillip.
The forum also featured a short PBS Frontline film called Middle School Moment, which explores evidence suggesting the make-or-break moment for high school dropouts really happens in middle school.
“Innovation Conversation” was part of WXXI’s American Graduate Initiative.
Latest College News Stories
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy