Schlosser Participates in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation” Forum
Dr. Linda Schlosser, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, participated in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation: Middle School Moment” forum on September 24, which focused on the school dropout crisis in Rochester and Upstate New York. The forum was held at WXXI’s Studios in downtown Rochester.
Schlosser was one of three expert panelists alongside Dr. David Hursh from the University of Rochester’s Warner School of Education and Jeremy Smith, Community Development Director at the NEAD/CDF Freedom School. The panel was facilitated by WXXI News Director Julie Phillip.
The forum also featured a short PBS Frontline film called Middle School Moment, which explores evidence suggesting the make-or-break moment for high school dropouts really happens in middle school.
“Innovation Conversation” was part of WXXI’s American Graduate Initiative.
Latest College News Stories
- Sarachan Publishes in Journal
- Vosburgh Named d3football.com All-East Region Coach of the Year
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40