Schlosser Participates in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation” Forum
Dr. Linda Schlosser, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, participated in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation: Middle School Moment” forum on September 24, which focused on the school dropout crisis in Rochester and Upstate New York. The forum was held at WXXI’s Studios in downtown Rochester.
Schlosser was one of three expert panelists alongside Dr. David Hursh from the University of Rochester’s Warner School of Education and Jeremy Smith, Community Development Director at the NEAD/CDF Freedom School. The panel was facilitated by WXXI News Director Julie Phillip.
The forum also featured a short PBS Frontline film called Middle School Moment, which explores evidence suggesting the make-or-break moment for high school dropouts really happens in middle school.
“Innovation Conversation” was part of WXXI’s American Graduate Initiative.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems