Schlosser Participates in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation” Forum
Dr. Linda Schlosser, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, participated in WXXI’s “Innovation Conversation: Middle School Moment” forum on September 24, which focused on the school dropout crisis in Rochester and Upstate New York. The forum was held at WXXI’s Studios in downtown Rochester.
Schlosser was one of three expert panelists alongside Dr. David Hursh from the University of Rochester’s Warner School of Education and Jeremy Smith, Community Development Director at the NEAD/CDF Freedom School. The panel was facilitated by WXXI News Director Julie Phillip.
The forum also featured a short PBS Frontline film called Middle School Moment, which explores evidence suggesting the make-or-break moment for high school dropouts really happens in middle school.
“Innovation Conversation” was part of WXXI’s American Graduate Initiative.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation