College Appoints Wischnowski Dean of School of Education
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Michael Wischnowski as the new Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Wischnowski has been serving as the Interim Dean of the School of Education during this past academic year. Previously, he was Program Director of the College’s Ed.D. Program in Executive Leadership.
“Dr. Wischnowski’s professional and academic experiences—through his teaching, scholarship, leadership, and service—underscore his devotion to the philosophy of the School of Education and the mission of the College,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College.
After joining Fisher in 2004 as an Associate Professor of Special Education, Wischnowski quickly became the Program Director in the Master of Science in Special Education Program. In 2007, he began teaching in the Ed.D. Program, first as an Associate Professor and then as Program Director. As Interim Dean of the School of Education, Wischnowski played a key role in the recent establishment of the Ed.D. extension site at Onondaga Community College’s Higher Education Center.
Prior to Fisher, he taught at the State University of New York at Geneseo and the University of Rochester, and served as a Project Coordinator in the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. In addition, he has worked in the non-profit and healthcare sectors.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year
- College to Host Annual Day of Celebration