College Appoints Wischnowski Dean of School of Education
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Michael Wischnowski as the new Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Wischnowski has been serving as the Interim Dean of the School of Education during this past academic year. Previously, he was Program Director of the College’s Ed.D. Program in Executive Leadership.
“Dr. Wischnowski’s professional and academic experiences—through his teaching, scholarship, leadership, and service—underscore his devotion to the philosophy of the School of Education and the mission of the College,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College.
After joining Fisher in 2004 as an Associate Professor of Special Education, Wischnowski quickly became the Program Director in the Master of Science in Special Education Program. In 2007, he began teaching in the Ed.D. Program, first as an Associate Professor and then as Program Director. As Interim Dean of the School of Education, Wischnowski played a key role in the recent establishment of the Ed.D. extension site at Onondaga Community College’s Higher Education Center.
Prior to Fisher, he taught at the State University of New York at Geneseo and the University of Rochester, and served as a Project Coordinator in the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. In addition, he has worked in the non-profit and healthcare sectors.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures