College Appoints Wischnowski Dean of School of Education
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Michael Wischnowski as the new Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Wischnowski has been serving as the Interim Dean of the School of Education during this past academic year. Previously, he was Program Director of the College’s Ed.D. Program in Executive Leadership.
“Dr. Wischnowski’s professional and academic experiences—through his teaching, scholarship, leadership, and service—underscore his devotion to the philosophy of the School of Education and the mission of the College,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College.
After joining Fisher in 2004 as an Associate Professor of Special Education, Wischnowski quickly became the Program Director in the Master of Science in Special Education Program. In 2007, he began teaching in the Ed.D. Program, first as an Associate Professor and then as Program Director. As Interim Dean of the School of Education, Wischnowski played a key role in the recent establishment of the Ed.D. extension site at Onondaga Community College’s Higher Education Center.
Prior to Fisher, he taught at the State University of New York at Geneseo and the University of Rochester, and served as a Project Coordinator in the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. In addition, he has worked in the non-profit and healthcare sectors.
Latest College News Stories
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest