College Appoints Wischnowski Dean of School of Education
St. John Fisher College has appointed Dr. Michael Wischnowski as the new Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Wischnowski has been serving as the Interim Dean of the School of Education during this past academic year. Previously, he was Program Director of the College’s Ed.D. Program in Executive Leadership.
“Dr. Wischnowski’s professional and academic experiences—through his teaching, scholarship, leadership, and service—underscore his devotion to the philosophy of the School of Education and the mission of the College,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of St. John Fisher College.
After joining Fisher in 2004 as an Associate Professor of Special Education, Wischnowski quickly became the Program Director in the Master of Science in Special Education Program. In 2007, he began teaching in the Ed.D. Program, first as an Associate Professor and then as Program Director. As Interim Dean of the School of Education, Wischnowski played a key role in the recent establishment of the Ed.D. extension site at Onondaga Community College’s Higher Education Center.
Prior to Fisher, he taught at the State University of New York at Geneseo and the University of Rochester, and served as a Project Coordinator in the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. In addition, he has worked in the non-profit and healthcare sectors.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine