Miller Smith Performs Original Bicentennial Piece for Emma Willard School
Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, Director of the African American Studies Program, and faculty member in the Executive Leadership (Ed.D.) Program, was recently commissioned to create an original piece for the Emma Willard School’s Bicentennial Celebration on May 10.
The school, located in Troy, took Miller Smith’s work and used it as the framework for the celebration. The piece was titled, “Celebrating Her Vision: Girls Transforming the World,” and was performed by Miller Smith and member of the Emma Willard community.
Tokeya Graham, professor of English at Monroe Community College, assisted Miller Smith with the piece.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine