C/J Department Announces New Spring Courses
The St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Department has added two new courses for the spring 2012 semester as part of the department’s new curriculum program.
According to Department Chair, Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Visual Communication (COMM 220) and Multimedia Writing (COMM 295) were added to reflect changes in the media landscape and the skills students will need in today’s communications industry.
Visual Communication is designed to be an introduction to visual literacy and how it is used. The goal of this course is to prepare students for an advanced study in visual presentation through skills courses such as the video production and web design sequences, publication design, or practicums. The course is an elective course for the general C/J program, and a required course in the Visual Production minor sequence. It will be taught by Dr. Douglas Bicket.
In Multimedia Writing, students will cover the differences in writing for print and online publications, as well as basic video production, online research, and the use of social media. It will be taught by Dr. Jack Rosenberry.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program