C/J Department Announces New Spring Courses
The St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Department has added two new courses for the spring 2012 semester as part of the department’s new curriculum program.
According to Department Chair, Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Visual Communication (COMM 220) and Multimedia Writing (COMM 295) were added to reflect changes in the media landscape and the skills students will need in today’s communications industry.
Visual Communication is designed to be an introduction to visual literacy and how it is used. The goal of this course is to prepare students for an advanced study in visual presentation through skills courses such as the video production and web design sequences, publication design, or practicums. The course is an elective course for the general C/J program, and a required course in the Visual Production minor sequence. It will be taught by Dr. Douglas Bicket.
In Multimedia Writing, students will cover the differences in writing for print and online publications, as well as basic video production, online research, and the use of social media. It will be taught by Dr. Jack Rosenberry.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement