C/J Department Announces New Spring Courses
The St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Department has added two new courses for the spring 2012 semester as part of the department’s new curriculum program.
According to Department Chair, Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Visual Communication (COMM 220) and Multimedia Writing (COMM 295) were added to reflect changes in the media landscape and the skills students will need in today’s communications industry.
Visual Communication is designed to be an introduction to visual literacy and how it is used. The goal of this course is to prepare students for an advanced study in visual presentation through skills courses such as the video production and web design sequences, publication design, or practicums. The course is an elective course for the general C/J program, and a required course in the Visual Production minor sequence. It will be taught by Dr. Douglas Bicket.
In Multimedia Writing, students will cover the differences in writing for print and online publications, as well as basic video production, online research, and the use of social media. It will be taught by Dr. Jack Rosenberry.
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards
- “Undergraduate Review” Now Available Online