C/J Department Announces New Spring Courses
The St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Department has added two new courses for the spring 2012 semester as part of the department’s new curriculum program.
According to Department Chair, Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Visual Communication (COMM 220) and Multimedia Writing (COMM 295) were added to reflect changes in the media landscape and the skills students will need in today’s communications industry.
Visual Communication is designed to be an introduction to visual literacy and how it is used. The goal of this course is to prepare students for an advanced study in visual presentation through skills courses such as the video production and web design sequences, publication design, or practicums. The course is an elective course for the general C/J program, and a required course in the Visual Production minor sequence. It will be taught by Dr. Douglas Bicket.
In Multimedia Writing, students will cover the differences in writing for print and online publications, as well as basic video production, online research, and the use of social media. It will be taught by Dr. Jack Rosenberry.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes