C/J Department Announces New Spring Courses
The St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Department has added two new courses for the spring 2012 semester as part of the department’s new curriculum program.
According to Department Chair, Dr. Jack Rosenberry, Visual Communication (COMM 220) and Multimedia Writing (COMM 295) were added to reflect changes in the media landscape and the skills students will need in today’s communications industry.
Visual Communication is designed to be an introduction to visual literacy and how it is used. The goal of this course is to prepare students for an advanced study in visual presentation through skills courses such as the video production and web design sequences, publication design, or practicums. The course is an elective course for the general C/J program, and a required course in the Visual Production minor sequence. It will be taught by Dr. Douglas Bicket.
In Multimedia Writing, students will cover the differences in writing for print and online publications, as well as basic video production, online research, and the use of social media. It will be taught by Dr. Jack Rosenberry.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend