12th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
On Friday, April 5, over 375 students, faculty, staff, and community members rallied and relayed in the 12th Annual Relay for Life at St. John Fisher College. The College’s student organization, “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC), along with Nazareth College and the American Cancer Society (ACS), hosted the inspirational 12-hour event to celebrate and honor all those who have been affected by cancer.
The event raised an astounding $30,305 – beating last year’s total by nearly $10,000. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Event co-chairs Amanda Cammarano and Dusty Baker kicked off the event by welcoming the participants and thanking them for their dedication to both the event and the cause. Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, applauded the students for their efforts before the event began.
Remarks during the three ceremonies were delivered by Fisher student Ashley Bedard, Nazareth student Morgan Bauer, and Dr. Melissa Ghera, Assistant Professor of Psychology.
The Fisher Players team.
Survivors take the first Survivor Lap.
Participants take a quiet lap during the Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have lost their battle.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice