12th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
On Friday, April 5, over 375 students, faculty, staff, and community members rallied and relayed in the 12th Annual Relay for Life at St. John Fisher College. The College’s student organization, “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC), along with Nazareth College and the American Cancer Society (ACS), hosted the inspirational 12-hour event to celebrate and honor all those who have been affected by cancer.
The event raised an astounding $30,305 – beating last year’s total by nearly $10,000. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Event co-chairs Amanda Cammarano and Dusty Baker kicked off the event by welcoming the participants and thanking them for their dedication to both the event and the cause. Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, applauded the students for their efforts before the event began.
Remarks during the three ceremonies were delivered by Fisher student Ashley Bedard, Nazareth student Morgan Bauer, and Dr. Melissa Ghera, Assistant Professor of Psychology.
The Fisher Players team.
Survivors take the first Survivor Lap.
Participants take a quiet lap during the Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have lost their battle.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum