12th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
On Friday, April 5, over 375 students, faculty, staff, and community members rallied and relayed in the 12th Annual Relay for Life at St. John Fisher College. The College’s student organization, “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC), along with Nazareth College and the American Cancer Society (ACS), hosted the inspirational 12-hour event to celebrate and honor all those who have been affected by cancer.
The event raised an astounding $30,305 – beating last year’s total by nearly $10,000. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Event co-chairs Amanda Cammarano and Dusty Baker kicked off the event by welcoming the participants and thanking them for their dedication to both the event and the cause. Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, applauded the students for their efforts before the event began.
Remarks during the three ceremonies were delivered by Fisher student Ashley Bedard, Nazareth student Morgan Bauer, and Dr. Melissa Ghera, Assistant Professor of Psychology.
The Fisher Players team.
Survivors take the first Survivor Lap.
Participants take a quiet lap during the Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have lost their battle.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair
- Ed.D. Student Highlighted in Huffington Post Article for Leadership, Service