12th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
On Friday, April 5, over 375 students, faculty, staff, and community members rallied and relayed in the 12th Annual Relay for Life at St. John Fisher College. The College’s student organization, “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC), along with Nazareth College and the American Cancer Society (ACS), hosted the inspirational 12-hour event to celebrate and honor all those who have been affected by cancer.
The event raised an astounding $30,305 – beating last year’s total by nearly $10,000. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Event co-chairs Amanda Cammarano and Dusty Baker kicked off the event by welcoming the participants and thanking them for their dedication to both the event and the cause. Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, applauded the students for their efforts before the event began.
Remarks during the three ceremonies were delivered by Fisher student Ashley Bedard, Nazareth student Morgan Bauer, and Dr. Melissa Ghera, Assistant Professor of Psychology.
The Fisher Players team.
Survivors take the first Survivor Lap.
Participants take a quiet lap during the Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have lost their battle.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium