President Bain Honored by Catholic Family Center
On Friday, April 4, President Bain was honored at the Catholic Family Center’s (CFC) 22nd Annual Charity Gala. The theme of the gala was "Passport to Ireland," and it was held at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
This award is given annually to an individual or individuals who show an exemplary spirit of devotion to supporting, improving, and enhancing the health and well-being of our community.
“Dr. Bain truly embodies the spirit of this award with his exemplary devotion to the health and well-being of our community, especially our young people,” said Marlene Bessette, CFC President and CEO. “He has long been a champion of high quality education, while emphasizing the importance of community involvement, not only on campus but also in the larger world community. Catholic Family Center is proud of its collaborations with Fisher which have been enhancing each others’ missions for years. We’re delighted to have Dr. Bain as our 2014 Gala honoree.”
The College has a long association with CFC, and has worked with the Center to place students as interns as well as assign students from the Service-Learning Program, Service Scholars Program, and the First Generation Scholarship Program for service projects.
The event was attended by Bishop Salvatore Matano. WROC Channel 8's Kevin Doran served as the emcee. Proceeds from the event directly benefit CFC programs.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two for Academic Excellence