President Bain Honored by Catholic Family Center
On Friday, April 4, President Bain was honored at the Catholic Family Center’s (CFC) 22nd Annual Charity Gala. The theme of the gala was "Passport to Ireland," and it was held at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
This award is given annually to an individual or individuals who show an exemplary spirit of devotion to supporting, improving, and enhancing the health and well-being of our community.
“Dr. Bain truly embodies the spirit of this award with his exemplary devotion to the health and well-being of our community, especially our young people,” said Marlene Bessette, CFC President and CEO. “He has long been a champion of high quality education, while emphasizing the importance of community involvement, not only on campus but also in the larger world community. Catholic Family Center is proud of its collaborations with Fisher which have been enhancing each others’ missions for years. We’re delighted to have Dr. Bain as our 2014 Gala honoree.”
The College has a long association with CFC, and has worked with the Center to place students as interns as well as assign students from the Service-Learning Program, Service Scholars Program, and the First Generation Scholarship Program for service projects.
The event was attended by Bishop Salvatore Matano. WROC Channel 8's Kevin Doran served as the emcee. Proceeds from the event directly benefit CFC programs.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades