President Bain Honored by Catholic Family Center
On Friday, April 4, President Bain was honored at the Catholic Family Center’s (CFC) 22nd Annual Charity Gala. The theme of the gala was "Passport to Ireland," and it was held at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
This award is given annually to an individual or individuals who show an exemplary spirit of devotion to supporting, improving, and enhancing the health and well-being of our community.
“Dr. Bain truly embodies the spirit of this award with his exemplary devotion to the health and well-being of our community, especially our young people,” said Marlene Bessette, CFC President and CEO. “He has long been a champion of high quality education, while emphasizing the importance of community involvement, not only on campus but also in the larger world community. Catholic Family Center is proud of its collaborations with Fisher which have been enhancing each others’ missions for years. We’re delighted to have Dr. Bain as our 2014 Gala honoree.”
The College has a long association with CFC, and has worked with the Center to place students as interns as well as assign students from the Service-Learning Program, Service Scholars Program, and the First Generation Scholarship Program for service projects.
The event was attended by Bishop Salvatore Matano. WROC Channel 8's Kevin Doran served as the emcee. Proceeds from the event directly benefit CFC programs.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes