Harvard Business Review Featuring Faculty Article
Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, has had an article selected by the Harvard Business Review for purchase on the publication’s website.
Sashittal’s article, “Strategies of Effective New Product Team Leaders,” co-written by Dr. Avan Jassawalla, Professor of Management, SUNY Geneseo, is the second article written by him that has been chosen by the publication in less than a month.
The article talks about a company’s new product team, the problems they confront, and the changes that must occur before cross-functional teamwork can accelerate new product development processes. According to the pair’s research and analysis, only a select few teams consistently act on cross-functional thinking, collaborative decision-making, and organization of new product workflow to make meaningful changes. Sashittal and Jassawalla also discuss the differences between more and less effective leaders.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems