Cambridge American Stage Tour to Perform Shakespeare at Fisher
St. John Fisher College’s Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program will host the Cambridge American Stage Tour (CAST) on campus for a one-time performance of Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure on Thursday, September 19, at 7:00 p.m.
The show’s setting is in Vienna, where the law no longer has any hold over the citizens. Sin and lust have taken over the shadier pockets of society. Left in charge, the brittle Angelo assumes power with relentless spite: oppression and fear reign. But, after meeting the enchantingly willful Isabella – the sister of imprisoned Claudio – he can’t adhere to his own rules. Deceit, hypocrisy, and scandal spiral out of control in this stage classic. According to M.J. Iuppa, Director of the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program, the audience should be ready for a whirlwind of political corruption, lust and scandal, justice and mercy.
The performance will take place in the Cleary Family Auditorium located in Kearney Hall. Admission is free to Fisher faculty, staff, and students with ID, and $5 for general admission.
For more information, contact M.J. Iuppa at (585) 385-8412.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office