Cambridge American Stage Tour to Perform Shakespeare at Fisher
St. John Fisher College’s Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program will host the Cambridge American Stage Tour (CAST) on campus for a one-time performance of Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure on Thursday, September 19, at 7:00 p.m.
The show’s setting is in Vienna, where the law no longer has any hold over the citizens. Sin and lust have taken over the shadier pockets of society. Left in charge, the brittle Angelo assumes power with relentless spite: oppression and fear reign. But, after meeting the enchantingly willful Isabella – the sister of imprisoned Claudio – he can’t adhere to his own rules. Deceit, hypocrisy, and scandal spiral out of control in this stage classic. According to M.J. Iuppa, Director of the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program, the audience should be ready for a whirlwind of political corruption, lust and scandal, justice and mercy.
The performance will take place in the Cleary Family Auditorium located in Kearney Hall. Admission is free to Fisher faculty, staff, and students with ID, and $5 for general admission.
For more information, contact M.J. Iuppa at (585) 385-8412.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference