Cambridge American Stage Tour to Perform Shakespeare at Fisher
St. John Fisher College’s Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program will host the Cambridge American Stage Tour (CAST) on campus for a one-time performance of Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure on Thursday, September 19, at 7:00 p.m.
The show’s setting is in Vienna, where the law no longer has any hold over the citizens. Sin and lust have taken over the shadier pockets of society. Left in charge, the brittle Angelo assumes power with relentless spite: oppression and fear reign. But, after meeting the enchantingly willful Isabella – the sister of imprisoned Claudio – he can’t adhere to his own rules. Deceit, hypocrisy, and scandal spiral out of control in this stage classic. According to M.J. Iuppa, Director of the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program, the audience should be ready for a whirlwind of political corruption, lust and scandal, justice and mercy.
The performance will take place in the Cleary Family Auditorium located in Kearney Hall. Admission is free to Fisher faculty, staff, and students with ID, and $5 for general admission.
For more information, contact M.J. Iuppa at (585) 385-8412.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine