D’Agostino Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
Christina D’Agostino was recently named the 2012 Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year by the Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA) of New York. She completed the Wegmans School of Nursing’s Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program in August, and is now serving as an adjunct faculty member. She was presented with the award during the association’s annual conference, which was held October 17-21 in Saratoga Springs.
D’Agostino was nominated by Dr. Laura Markwick, FNP Track Coordinator, Wegmans School of Nursing, and Terri Haskins, FNP at Finger Lakes Health, and one of her preceptors.
In her nomination, Markwick wrote: “It was evident very quickly that Christina was a very bright student and enthusiastic learner. She was awarded the Fisher Family Nurse Practitioner Student Award for clinical excellence, consistently receiving glowing evaluations from her preceptors, and has received several offers of employment upon graduation. Christina also serves as adjunct clinical faculty to the undergraduate nursing students, fostering an environment that facilitates learning.”
Markwick’s nomination also noted that despite D’Agostino’s schedule between school, two jobs, and her family, she remained active with the Genesee Valley Nurses Association and the Nurse Practitioner Association of Greater Rochester.
In Haskins’ nomination, she wrote: “I had the pleasure of being Christina’s preceptor for one semester when she first started her clinical rotations. From day one, she did better than any other student that I have ever had. Christina is the most outstanding, compassionate, knowledgeable, and outgoing individual. She can talk to any patient as if she has known them a lifetime, and has the ability to handle just about any situation with her calm demeanor. She is able to put a patient and family at ease while being extremely knowledgeable during a discussion with the physician.”
The NPA was established in 1980 and has increased the visibility and credibility of nurse practitioners within the healthcare community, at both the national and state levels of government, and with consumers throughout New York.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony