D’Agostino Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
Christina D’Agostino was recently named the 2012 Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year by the Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA) of New York. She completed the Wegmans School of Nursing’s Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program in August, and is now serving as an adjunct faculty member. She was presented with the award during the association’s annual conference, which was held October 17-21 in Saratoga Springs.
D’Agostino was nominated by Dr. Laura Markwick, FNP Track Coordinator, Wegmans School of Nursing, and Terri Haskins, FNP at Finger Lakes Health, and one of her preceptors.
In her nomination, Markwick wrote: “It was evident very quickly that Christina was a very bright student and enthusiastic learner. She was awarded the Fisher Family Nurse Practitioner Student Award for clinical excellence, consistently receiving glowing evaluations from her preceptors, and has received several offers of employment upon graduation. Christina also serves as adjunct clinical faculty to the undergraduate nursing students, fostering an environment that facilitates learning.”
Markwick’s nomination also noted that despite D’Agostino’s schedule between school, two jobs, and her family, she remained active with the Genesee Valley Nurses Association and the Nurse Practitioner Association of Greater Rochester.
In Haskins’ nomination, she wrote: “I had the pleasure of being Christina’s preceptor for one semester when she first started her clinical rotations. From day one, she did better than any other student that I have ever had. Christina is the most outstanding, compassionate, knowledgeable, and outgoing individual. She can talk to any patient as if she has known them a lifetime, and has the ability to handle just about any situation with her calm demeanor. She is able to put a patient and family at ease while being extremely knowledgeable during a discussion with the physician.”
The NPA was established in 1980 and has increased the visibility and credibility of nurse practitioners within the healthcare community, at both the national and state levels of government, and with consumers throughout New York.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference