Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
St. John Fisher College has been included on the inaugural Best Colleges for Veterans ranking published by U.S. News & World Report. Fisher ranked 29th out of 52 schools in the National Universities category.
The new rankings provide data and information on schools that offer federal benefits, including tuition and housing assistance, to veterans and active service members.
All of the “Best Colleges for Veterans” scored well in terms of graduation rate, faculty resources, reputation, and other markers of academic quality in the 2014 edition of the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges. To qualify for the new rankings, the schools had to be certified for the GI Bill and participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program and Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
“As a Navy veteran, I am especially pleased that we have been recognized as a College that successfully serves the academic needs of our veterans. It is an honor to provide an outstanding education in a welcoming and supportive environment to those courageous men and women who have volunteered to serve our nation. I recall clearly the challenges of returning to college following active duty service and I am especially proud of the skill, the discipline, and the success of the veterans enrolled at St. John Fisher College,” said President Donald Bain.
In total, there were 234 ranked schools across all 10 U.S. News & World Report ranking categories: National Universities, National Liberal Arts Colleges, Regional Universities (North, South, Midwest, and West) and Regional Colleges (North, South, Midwest, and West).
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced