Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
The Wegmans School of Nursing recently awarded Candice Job, a Family Nurse Practitioner student, with the Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year Award during the School’s Regional Nurse Practitioner Conference on November 18.
The award recipient must be a current student in the program with a 3.7 (or higher) GPA and be an active participant in legislative efforts on a local, state, and/or national level. They also must have demonstrated clinical excellence and be a Nurse Practitioner’s Association student member. Recipients also write a 500 word essay on a legislative or policy issue pertaining to Nurse Practitioners in practice in New York State today.
In Job's faculty recommendation, one faculty member noted Job’s professionalism, communication, and patient manner.
Job’s essay was titled, “Advocating for Autonomy: the Nurse Practitioners Modernization Act.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative