“The Finger Lakes: Above and Below” Exhibit Opening July 10
Beginning on Wednesday, July 10, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “The Finger Lakes: Above and Below,” featuring the work of local artist Gloria Betlem.
The solo exhibit includes pastel paintings and mixed media that celebrates the Finger Lakes and features landscapes, iconic and personal imagery, and shale bed geology rendering the impacts of hydrofracking.
Betlem’s work has been displayed in several exhibits including many solo shows. She also has work featured in private and corporate collections throughout New York and Minnesota, and in places as far away as New Zealand and China. She received her master of fine arts degree in painting from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and has taught at SUNY Geneseo, Genesee Community College, RIT, and Empire State College.
Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and will run through August 16. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day