“The Finger Lakes: Above and Below” Exhibit Opening July 10
Beginning on Wednesday, July 10, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “The Finger Lakes: Above and Below,” featuring the work of local artist Gloria Betlem.
The solo exhibit includes pastel paintings and mixed media that celebrates the Finger Lakes and features landscapes, iconic and personal imagery, and shale bed geology rendering the impacts of hydrofracking.
Betlem’s work has been displayed in several exhibits including many solo shows. She also has work featured in private and corporate collections throughout New York and Minnesota, and in places as far away as New Zealand and China. She received her master of fine arts degree in painting from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and has taught at SUNY Geneseo, Genesee Community College, RIT, and Empire State College.
Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and will run through August 16. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Psychology Honor Society Inducts Eight
- History Honors Society Inducts Eight
- Fisher Alum Elected President of Clemson University Graduate Students
- Vue, Cunningham to Co-direct Women and Gender Studies Program
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day
- Plata Delivers Book Readings in Spain
- Sarachan Serves as RBJ “Best of Web” Judge