“The Finger Lakes: Above and Below” Exhibit Opening July 10
Beginning on Wednesday, July 10, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “The Finger Lakes: Above and Below,” featuring the work of local artist Gloria Betlem.
The solo exhibit includes pastel paintings and mixed media that celebrates the Finger Lakes and features landscapes, iconic and personal imagery, and shale bed geology rendering the impacts of hydrofracking.
Betlem’s work has been displayed in several exhibits including many solo shows. She also has work featured in private and corporate collections throughout New York and Minnesota, and in places as far away as New Zealand and China. She received her master of fine arts degree in painting from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and has taught at SUNY Geneseo, Genesee Community College, RIT, and Empire State College.
Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and will run through August 16. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans