“The Finger Lakes: Above and Below” Exhibit Opening July 10
Beginning on Wednesday, July 10, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “The Finger Lakes: Above and Below,” featuring the work of local artist Gloria Betlem.
The solo exhibit includes pastel paintings and mixed media that celebrates the Finger Lakes and features landscapes, iconic and personal imagery, and shale bed geology rendering the impacts of hydrofracking.
Betlem’s work has been displayed in several exhibits including many solo shows. She also has work featured in private and corporate collections throughout New York and Minnesota, and in places as far away as New Zealand and China. She received her master of fine arts degree in painting from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and has taught at SUNY Geneseo, Genesee Community College, RIT, and Empire State College.
Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and will run through August 16. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International