“The Finger Lakes: Above and Below” Exhibit Opening July 10
Beginning on Wednesday, July 10, St. John Fisher College will host an exhibit in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center titled, “The Finger Lakes: Above and Below,” featuring the work of local artist Gloria Betlem.
The solo exhibit includes pastel paintings and mixed media that celebrates the Finger Lakes and features landscapes, iconic and personal imagery, and shale bed geology rendering the impacts of hydrofracking.
Betlem’s work has been displayed in several exhibits including many solo shows. She also has work featured in private and corporate collections throughout New York and Minnesota, and in places as far away as New Zealand and China. She received her master of fine arts degree in painting from the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and has taught at SUNY Geneseo, Genesee Community College, RIT, and Empire State College.
Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon. The exhibit is free and open to the public, and will run through August 16. For more information about the exhibit, please contact Calista Amering at 585-385-7322 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students