College Announces "Fisher in London and Ireland"
Have you been to London? Ireland? Would you like to visit BOTH this summer? St. John Fisher College is pleased to announce the launch of “Fisher in London and Ireland,” a new faculty-led study abroad program slated for summer of 2011.
The program is open to students in any major, and courses fulfill P1 and P5 core requirements (Philosophy of Art and International Sport: The English and Irish Perspective.) Dr. Tim Madigan and Dr. Scott Bryson will teach the courses.
Tuition includes round-trip flights from Buffalo to London and Shannon to Buffalo, as well as round-trip transfers between the overseas airports.
The program will run from May 24 through June 18, 2011.
Students will stay in London from May 25-30 in a centrally located hotel. They will receive a travel pass for use on the buses and underground trains for the entire program. Excursions that are also included in the program cost are a self-guided visit to the National Portrait Gallery and the British Museum, a guided visit to the Tower of London, Olympic London walking tour, and a theater ticket for a West End show.
After London, they will travel to Dublin and stay in similar hotel accommodations from May 30-June 3. There, students will enjoy a half-day guided tour of the city by private coach, including entrance to the Book of Kells.
From June 3-18, students will be in Galway, staying in Corrib Village at the National University of Ireland (NUI). In Galway, the cost includes a guided walking tour of Galway. It will also cover full-day excursions to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher, as well as the University of Limerick sports department.
The total cost of the program is $6,835. The deadline to apply is January 28, 2011. For more information, please contact Dr. Terry May, Foreign Study Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-8215.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference