College Announces "Fisher in London and Ireland"
Have you been to London? Ireland? Would you like to visit BOTH this summer? St. John Fisher College is pleased to announce the launch of “Fisher in London and Ireland,” a new faculty-led study abroad program slated for summer of 2011.
The program is open to students in any major, and courses fulfill P1 and P5 core requirements (Philosophy of Art and International Sport: The English and Irish Perspective.) Dr. Tim Madigan and Dr. Scott Bryson will teach the courses.
Tuition includes round-trip flights from Buffalo to London and Shannon to Buffalo, as well as round-trip transfers between the overseas airports.
The program will run from May 24 through June 18, 2011.
Students will stay in London from May 25-30 in a centrally located hotel. They will receive a travel pass for use on the buses and underground trains for the entire program. Excursions that are also included in the program cost are a self-guided visit to the National Portrait Gallery and the British Museum, a guided visit to the Tower of London, Olympic London walking tour, and a theater ticket for a West End show.
After London, they will travel to Dublin and stay in similar hotel accommodations from May 30-June 3. There, students will enjoy a half-day guided tour of the city by private coach, including entrance to the Book of Kells.
From June 3-18, students will be in Galway, staying in Corrib Village at the National University of Ireland (NUI). In Galway, the cost includes a guided walking tour of Galway. It will also cover full-day excursions to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher, as well as the University of Limerick sports department.
The total cost of the program is $6,835. The deadline to apply is January 28, 2011. For more information, please contact Dr. Terry May, Foreign Study Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 385-8215.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice