Football Team Named Ring of Honor Inductees by Camp Good Days
The St. John Fisher College football team was honored at the annual Camp Good Days and Special Times Night of Gratitude on Friday, March 8, at the Rochester Plaza Hotel.
The evening named the 2013 Teddi Award Recipients and Ring of Honor Inductees. The football team was among the Ring of Honor Inductees, and was recognized for over 20 years of support. In 2005, the team started the annual Courage Bowl game to raise money for the organization. And the players and coaches have spent countless hours volunteering at Camp’s annual Finger Lakes International Wine Competition and Auction Dinner, the Teddi Dance for Love, and the Kazoo Fest. Additionally, they have served as interns in the office and as volunteers with the summer camping programs.
Other inductees included Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks, the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office, United States Congresswoman Louise Slaughter, the University of Rochester football team, and several individuals who have supported Camp Good Days through the years.
The Ring of Honor was established as part of Camp Good Days’ 25th Anniversary Celebration in 2004, and includes those who are selected for their outstanding dedication, commitment, and support of the thousands of children and families served over the years. In addition to their award, inductee’s names will be included in the permanent Ring of Honor display, which is located at the Camp Good Days’ Recreational Facility on Keuka Lake.
Camp Good Days Founder Gary Mervis presents Coach Paul Vosburgh with the honor. Mervis is also an assistant coach for the team.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures