Football Team Named Ring of Honor Inductees by Camp Good Days
The St. John Fisher College football team was honored at the annual Camp Good Days and Special Times Night of Gratitude on Friday, March 8, at the Rochester Plaza Hotel.
The evening named the 2013 Teddi Award Recipients and Ring of Honor Inductees. The football team was among the Ring of Honor Inductees, and was recognized for over 20 years of support. In 2005, the team started the annual Courage Bowl game to raise money for the organization. And the players and coaches have spent countless hours volunteering at Camp’s annual Finger Lakes International Wine Competition and Auction Dinner, the Teddi Dance for Love, and the Kazoo Fest. Additionally, they have served as interns in the office and as volunteers with the summer camping programs.
Other inductees included Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks, the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office, United States Congresswoman Louise Slaughter, the University of Rochester football team, and several individuals who have supported Camp Good Days through the years.
The Ring of Honor was established as part of Camp Good Days’ 25th Anniversary Celebration in 2004, and includes those who are selected for their outstanding dedication, commitment, and support of the thousands of children and families served over the years. In addition to their award, inductee’s names will be included in the permanent Ring of Honor display, which is located at the Camp Good Days’ Recreational Facility on Keuka Lake.
Camp Good Days Founder Gary Mervis presents Coach Paul Vosburgh with the honor. Mervis is also an assistant coach for the team.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher’s United Way Co-Chairs Named “Shining Stars”