Football Team Named Ring of Honor Inductees by Camp Good Days
The St. John Fisher College football team was honored at the annual Camp Good Days and Special Times Night of Gratitude on Friday, March 8, at the Rochester Plaza Hotel.
The evening named the 2013 Teddi Award Recipients and Ring of Honor Inductees. The football team was among the Ring of Honor Inductees, and was recognized for over 20 years of support. In 2005, the team started the annual Courage Bowl game to raise money for the organization. And the players and coaches have spent countless hours volunteering at Camp’s annual Finger Lakes International Wine Competition and Auction Dinner, the Teddi Dance for Love, and the Kazoo Fest. Additionally, they have served as interns in the office and as volunteers with the summer camping programs.
Other inductees included Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks, the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office, United States Congresswoman Louise Slaughter, the University of Rochester football team, and several individuals who have supported Camp Good Days through the years.
The Ring of Honor was established as part of Camp Good Days’ 25th Anniversary Celebration in 2004, and includes those who are selected for their outstanding dedication, commitment, and support of the thousands of children and families served over the years. In addition to their award, inductee’s names will be included in the permanent Ring of Honor display, which is located at the Camp Good Days’ Recreational Facility on Keuka Lake.
Camp Good Days Founder Gary Mervis presents Coach Paul Vosburgh with the honor. Mervis is also an assistant coach for the team.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine