“Rochester Art Club: A Retrospective Exhibit” Opens in Welcome Center Gallery November 12
Beginning on Monday, November 12, the St. John Fisher College Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center will host a new art exhibit titled, “The Rochester Art Club: A Retrospective Exhibit.” The exhibit will run through Friday, December 21, and is free and open to the public.
The Rochester Art Club is the second oldest active art organization in the country, formed in 1877 and incorporated in 1882. Today, the Rochester Art Club’s membership stands at 150 members. While the organization continues to move into the future, they strive to remember past members who made important contributions both to the organization and the community at large. This inaugural retrospective exhibition honors the work of Warren Aldoretta, Emilee Higbie, Robert Keim, Thomas Lotta, Franz Schwenk, and Patricia Wygant – all deceased Rochester Art Club members.
Gallery hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, please contact Calista Amering at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 385-7322.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article