“Rochester Art Club: A Retrospective Exhibit” Opens in Welcome Center Gallery November 12
Beginning on Monday, November 12, the St. John Fisher College Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center will host a new art exhibit titled, “The Rochester Art Club: A Retrospective Exhibit.” The exhibit will run through Friday, December 21, and is free and open to the public.
The Rochester Art Club is the second oldest active art organization in the country, formed in 1877 and incorporated in 1882. Today, the Rochester Art Club’s membership stands at 150 members. While the organization continues to move into the future, they strive to remember past members who made important contributions both to the organization and the community at large. This inaugural retrospective exhibition honors the work of Warren Aldoretta, Emilee Higbie, Robert Keim, Thomas Lotta, Franz Schwenk, and Patricia Wygant – all deceased Rochester Art Club members.
Gallery hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, please contact Calista Amering at email@example.com or (585) 385-7322.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades