23 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
On Friday, April 5, the St. John Fisher College School of Business inducted a total of 23 students into the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) chapter. BGS is the international honor society for business students and scholars.
Students ranking in the top 10 percent of the baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International are eligible. The inducted students join an expanding worldwide network of more than 625,000 outstanding business professionals who have earned recognition through lifetime membership in BGS.
The following students were inducted at the April 5 ceremony:
Students were inducted by Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business; Dr. Jason Berman, Chapter Faculty Advisor; and Dr. Selim Ilter, Professor of Management. Amanda Scheutzow ’13, the BGS student liaison majoring in management, gave the keynote address.
BGS was founded as a national organization on February 19, 1913. By 1919, the organization took action to establish itself as the only scholastic honor society recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This organization, which was renamed AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—includes in its membership collegiate schools of business that meet high standards of eligibility required of accredited member institutions with respect to curricula, teaching staff, teaching loads, and library and laboratory facilities. Beta Gamma Sigma amended its constitution in 1921 to restrict the installation of new chapters to collegiate schools of business which are accredited members of AACSB International.
Senior class inductees.
Junior class inductees.
Latest College News Stories
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- TriBeta Students Present Work at National Convention
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication