23 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
On Friday, April 5, the St. John Fisher College School of Business inducted a total of 23 students into the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) chapter. BGS is the international honor society for business students and scholars.
Students ranking in the top 10 percent of the baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International are eligible. The inducted students join an expanding worldwide network of more than 625,000 outstanding business professionals who have earned recognition through lifetime membership in BGS.
The following students were inducted at the April 5 ceremony:
Students were inducted by Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business; Dr. Jason Berman, Chapter Faculty Advisor; and Dr. Selim Ilter, Professor of Management. Amanda Scheutzow ’13, the BGS student liaison majoring in management, gave the keynote address.
BGS was founded as a national organization on February 19, 1913. By 1919, the organization took action to establish itself as the only scholastic honor society recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This organization, which was renamed AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—includes in its membership collegiate schools of business that meet high standards of eligibility required of accredited member institutions with respect to curricula, teaching staff, teaching loads, and library and laboratory facilities. Beta Gamma Sigma amended its constitution in 1921 to restrict the installation of new chapters to collegiate schools of business which are accredited members of AACSB International.
Senior class inductees.
Junior class inductees.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology