23 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
On Friday, April 5, the St. John Fisher College School of Business inducted a total of 23 students into the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) chapter. BGS is the international honor society for business students and scholars.
Students ranking in the top 10 percent of the baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International are eligible. The inducted students join an expanding worldwide network of more than 625,000 outstanding business professionals who have earned recognition through lifetime membership in BGS.
The following students were inducted at the April 5 ceremony:
Students were inducted by Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business; Dr. Jason Berman, Chapter Faculty Advisor; and Dr. Selim Ilter, Professor of Management. Amanda Scheutzow ’13, the BGS student liaison majoring in management, gave the keynote address.
BGS was founded as a national organization on February 19, 1913. By 1919, the organization took action to establish itself as the only scholastic honor society recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This organization, which was renamed AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—includes in its membership collegiate schools of business that meet high standards of eligibility required of accredited member institutions with respect to curricula, teaching staff, teaching loads, and library and laboratory facilities. Beta Gamma Sigma amended its constitution in 1921 to restrict the installation of new chapters to collegiate schools of business which are accredited members of AACSB International.
Senior class inductees.
Junior class inductees.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year