23 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
On Friday, April 5, the St. John Fisher College School of Business inducted a total of 23 students into the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) chapter. BGS is the international honor society for business students and scholars.
Students ranking in the top 10 percent of the baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International are eligible. The inducted students join an expanding worldwide network of more than 625,000 outstanding business professionals who have earned recognition through lifetime membership in BGS.
The following students were inducted at the April 5 ceremony:
Students were inducted by Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business; Dr. Jason Berman, Chapter Faculty Advisor; and Dr. Selim Ilter, Professor of Management. Amanda Scheutzow ’13, the BGS student liaison majoring in management, gave the keynote address.
BGS was founded as a national organization on February 19, 1913. By 1919, the organization took action to establish itself as the only scholastic honor society recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This organization, which was renamed AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—includes in its membership collegiate schools of business that meet high standards of eligibility required of accredited member institutions with respect to curricula, teaching staff, teaching loads, and library and laboratory facilities. Beta Gamma Sigma amended its constitution in 1921 to restrict the installation of new chapters to collegiate schools of business which are accredited members of AACSB International.
Senior class inductees.
Junior class inductees.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference