Join the Winter Walk for Strong Kids This Weekend
On Sunday, February 16, St. John Fisher College student athletes will host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong Kids, teaming up with Nazareth College student athletes. The event is organized by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees from the two schools, and proceeds will benefit Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (Student Life Center), and will include a short kid-friendly walk around campus with a plethora of indoor activities to follow. Families can expect cookie decorating, a bounce house, tie-dying, a variety of crafts, music, sport activities, carnival games, snacks, and much more.
The walk is free to participants who raise a minimum of $10 in pledges, and all participants who raise at least $25 will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
Register online or at the walk. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., with the walk beginning at 10:00 a.m. Indoor activities will run until noon.
Every year, this event runs in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, which utilizes the rivalry between Fisher and Nazareth to raise donations for the hospital. In addition to the walk, all proceeds from the Fisher vs. Naz basketball games will be donated to Golisano Children's Hospital. Both teams will battle it out again Friday, February 14, at Fisher. The men’s basketball game begins at 6:00 p.m., with the women’s team tipping off at 8:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Jennifer Granger at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program