Join the Winter Walk for Strong Kids This Weekend
On Sunday, February 16, St. John Fisher College student athletes will host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong Kids, teaming up with Nazareth College student athletes. The event is organized by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees from the two schools, and proceeds will benefit Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (Student Life Center), and will include a short kid-friendly walk around campus with a plethora of indoor activities to follow. Families can expect cookie decorating, a bounce house, tie-dying, a variety of crafts, music, sport activities, carnival games, snacks, and much more.
The walk is free to participants who raise a minimum of $10 in pledges, and all participants who raise at least $25 will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
Register online or at the walk. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., with the walk beginning at 10:00 a.m. Indoor activities will run until noon.
Every year, this event runs in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, which utilizes the rivalry between Fisher and Nazareth to raise donations for the hospital. In addition to the walk, all proceeds from the Fisher vs. Naz basketball games will be donated to Golisano Children's Hospital. Both teams will battle it out again Friday, February 14, at Fisher. The men’s basketball game begins at 6:00 p.m., with the women’s team tipping off at 8:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Jennifer Granger at email@example.com.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine