Join the Winter Walk for Strong Kids This Weekend
On Sunday, February 16, St. John Fisher College student athletes will host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong Kids, teaming up with Nazareth College student athletes. The event is organized by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees from the two schools, and proceeds will benefit Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (Student Life Center), and will include a short kid-friendly walk around campus with a plethora of indoor activities to follow. Families can expect cookie decorating, a bounce house, tie-dying, a variety of crafts, music, sport activities, carnival games, snacks, and much more.
The walk is free to participants who raise a minimum of $10 in pledges, and all participants who raise at least $25 will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
Register online or at the walk. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., with the walk beginning at 10:00 a.m. Indoor activities will run until noon.
Every year, this event runs in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, which utilizes the rivalry between Fisher and Nazareth to raise donations for the hospital. In addition to the walk, all proceeds from the Fisher vs. Naz basketball games will be donated to Golisano Children's Hospital. Both teams will battle it out again Friday, February 14, at Fisher. The men’s basketball game begins at 6:00 p.m., with the women’s team tipping off at 8:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Jennifer Granger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference