Join the Winter Walk for Strong Kids This Weekend
On Sunday, February 16, St. John Fisher College student athletes will host the 5th Annual Winter Walk for Strong Kids, teaming up with Nazareth College student athletes. The event is organized by the Student Athlete Advisory Committees from the two schools, and proceeds will benefit Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The event will take place in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center (Student Life Center), and will include a short kid-friendly walk around campus with a plethora of indoor activities to follow. Families can expect cookie decorating, a bounce house, tie-dying, a variety of crafts, music, sport activities, carnival games, snacks, and much more.
The walk is free to participants who raise a minimum of $10 in pledges, and all participants who raise at least $25 will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
Register online or at the walk. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., with the walk beginning at 10:00 a.m. Indoor activities will run until noon.
Every year, this event runs in conjunction with the Battle of the Beaks campaign, which utilizes the rivalry between Fisher and Nazareth to raise donations for the hospital. In addition to the walk, all proceeds from the Fisher vs. Naz basketball games will be donated to Golisano Children's Hospital. Both teams will battle it out again Friday, February 14, at Fisher. The men’s basketball game begins at 6:00 p.m., with the women’s team tipping off at 8:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Jennifer Granger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students