Teeter-Tottering for Girls and Women in Sports
The St. John Fisher College Sport Studies Department held a 12-hour teeter-totter marathon in the College's Campus Center to celebrate National Girls and Women in Sports Day (NGWSD) on February 2.
Students, faculty, and staff came out in big numbers to raise money for the National Association of Girls and Women in Sports. Some even came in costume!
By the end of 12 hours, the event raised over $700 for the Association, thanks to donations and t-shirt sales.
In conjunction with the marathon, the department also held the 2nd Annual NGWSD Essay Contest. Regional K-12 female students submitted essays related to play, sport, and general health issues. The number of contest entries doubled since last year's contest, and the winners included:
Grades 3, 4 and 5:
Lydia Blake, 3rd grade, Christ the King School
Grades 6, 7 and 8:
Madison Cardinal, 6th grade, Martha Brown Middle School
Cassandra Wolfanger, 11th grade, Avon Central School
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference