Countdown to Commencement 2012 – Allison Hall
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Allison Hall, a Biology major with a Chemistry minor. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service.
“Allison’s genuine love for Fisher and her ability to share that love is one thing I will remember about her. She cares about each student in the classroom, and does an excellent job of promoting the variety of activities on campus,” said Vaughan.
Hall has been heavily involved on- and off-campus through community service and other activities. She has served as a Student Orientation Coordinator, Orientation Team Leader, Peer Advisor, student representative for the Student Conduct Committee, vocal-directed the fall musical, and is the President of Measure 13, the a cappella group on campus.
As far as community service goes, Hall has been a Relay for Life participant, Teddi Dance for Love participant, Ironman Triathlon aid station volunteer, American Red Cross blood donor, and a mentor for high school music students.
Vaughan said that in ten years, she can see Hall as a medical doctor, specializing in osteopathic medicine, serving on her town or city board, and continuing to sing and perform.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Allison Hall! Best of luck to you, from the rest of the Fisher Family!
Latest College News Stories
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education