Countdown to Commencement 2012 – Allison Hall
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Allison Hall, a Biology major with a Chemistry minor. She was nominated by Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service.
“Allison’s genuine love for Fisher and her ability to share that love is one thing I will remember about her. She cares about each student in the classroom, and does an excellent job of promoting the variety of activities on campus,” said Vaughan.
Hall has been heavily involved on- and off-campus through community service and other activities. She has served as a Student Orientation Coordinator, Orientation Team Leader, Peer Advisor, student representative for the Student Conduct Committee, vocal-directed the fall musical, and is the President of Measure 13, the a cappella group on campus.
As far as community service goes, Hall has been a Relay for Life participant, Teddi Dance for Love participant, Ironman Triathlon aid station volunteer, American Red Cross blood donor, and a mentor for high school music students.
Vaughan said that in ten years, she can see Hall as a medical doctor, specializing in osteopathic medicine, serving on her town or city board, and continuing to sing and perform.
Meet this week’s featured senior, Allison Hall! Best of luck to you, from the rest of the Fisher Family!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems