Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
Dr. Gary Maggs, Professor and Chair of the Department of Economics, has had a paper accepted for publication in the American Economist for this fall. He co-wrote the paper with Dr. Ben Kyer, Professor of Economics at Francis Marion University.
The paper, “Economic Expansion and the Balance of Trade: The Role of Aggregate Demand Elasticity,” investigates the role of aggregate demand elasticity for the balance of trade when economic expansion occurs. It demonstrates that when an economic expansion results from an exogenous increase of aggregate demand, the balance of trade deficit is impacted by the price level elasticity of aggregate demand. It is also shown that when an economic expansion is induced by an exogenous increase of short-run aggregate supply, the price level elasticity of aggregate demand is also relevant to resulting changes in the balance of trade.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference