Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
Dr. Gary Maggs, Professor and Chair of the Department of Economics, has had a paper accepted for publication in the American Economist for this fall. He co-wrote the paper with Dr. Ben Kyer, Professor of Economics at Francis Marion University.
The paper, “Economic Expansion and the Balance of Trade: The Role of Aggregate Demand Elasticity,” investigates the role of aggregate demand elasticity for the balance of trade when economic expansion occurs. It demonstrates that when an economic expansion results from an exogenous increase of aggregate demand, the balance of trade deficit is impacted by the price level elasticity of aggregate demand. It is also shown that when an economic expansion is induced by an exogenous increase of short-run aggregate supply, the price level elasticity of aggregate demand is also relevant to resulting changes in the balance of trade.
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!