Cardinals Crush Courage Bowl IX
The sun was shining, the bleachers were full, and the St. John Fisher College football team came to Growney Stadium to win on Saturday. And win they did. The team scored 41 unanswered points in the second quarter alone, and defeated Empire 8 rival Alfred University 48-13 in the ninth annual Courage Bowl.
With touchdowns by Dan Rudy, Nathan Nigolian, Brandon Fuentes, Mike Donitzen, and Cody Miller-who had three touchdowns in the game-the Cardinals crushed the Saxons for the much-anticipated game, but gave the fans so much more than a win.
Honorary Camp Good Days and Special Times coaches Anders Swanson, Ben Hammond, and Joseph Mayer had the chance to practice and warm up with the team, and enjoyed cheering from the sidelines during the entire game. Honorary Camp Good Days cheerleaders Lauren Miller, Kayla Tiedeman, and Sydney Kreschenko pre-gamed with the Fisher cheerleading squad, and cheered their hearts out each time a Cardinal scored a touchdown.
Fans close to the Fisher sideline even had a chance to get a look at some of the heartwarming banter the players had with their young coaches, all whom are battling cancer. Those moments were some of the biggest scores of the day.
After the game, the Teddi Dance for Love Committee had a 24-minute mini-dance marathon in honor of the upcoming Teddi Dance on February 21, 2014. They also held a successful Sticky Lips BBQ fundraiser throughout the game. All proceeds from the Courage Bowl events will benefit the children and families of Camp Good Days.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country