Fisher Football Advances to Elite 8 In NCAA Championship
The St. John Fisher College football team advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Championship, as the Cardinals came away with a 27-14 win over host Delaware Valley College on Saturday afternoon.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall and will now play at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota in the regional finals. This is the fourth time in the program's history the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column, and the third time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8. The win marked the second straight week Fisher has knocked off an undefeated team. Last week, Fisher traveled to Baltimore and earned a 23-12 win at Johns Hopkins University.
The Cardinals will face the University of St. Thomas on Saturday, December 3, at 12:00 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic