Fisher Football Advances to Elite 8 In NCAA Championship
The St. John Fisher College football team advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Championship, as the Cardinals came away with a 27-14 win over host Delaware Valley College on Saturday afternoon.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall and will now play at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota in the regional finals. This is the fourth time in the program's history the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column, and the third time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8. The win marked the second straight week Fisher has knocked off an undefeated team. Last week, Fisher traveled to Baltimore and earned a 23-12 win at Johns Hopkins University.
The Cardinals will face the University of St. Thomas on Saturday, December 3, at 12:00 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course