Fisher Football Advances to Elite 8 In NCAA Championship
The St. John Fisher College football team advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Championship, as the Cardinals came away with a 27-14 win over host Delaware Valley College on Saturday afternoon.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall and will now play at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota in the regional finals. This is the fourth time in the program's history the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column, and the third time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8. The win marked the second straight week Fisher has knocked off an undefeated team. Last week, Fisher traveled to Baltimore and earned a 23-12 win at Johns Hopkins University.
The Cardinals will face the University of St. Thomas on Saturday, December 3, at 12:00 p.m.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems