Fisher Football Advances to Elite 8 In NCAA Championship
The St. John Fisher College football team advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Championship, as the Cardinals came away with a 27-14 win over host Delaware Valley College on Saturday afternoon.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall and will now play at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota in the regional finals. This is the fourth time in the program's history the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column, and the third time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8. The win marked the second straight week Fisher has knocked off an undefeated team. Last week, Fisher traveled to Baltimore and earned a 23-12 win at Johns Hopkins University.
The Cardinals will face the University of St. Thomas on Saturday, December 3, at 12:00 p.m.
Latest College News Stories
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo