Fisher, Erie Community College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
On Monday, October 28, St. John Fisher College and Erie Community College announced a 2+2 partnership agreement. Dr. Donald Bain, President, and ECC President, Jack Quinn, formally signed the agreement. This is the fourth 2+2 agreement the College has announced in the last year.
The program will require students enrolled at ECC to complete two years of prescribed coursework for an associate’s degree, and then continue their coursework at Fisher, where they can earn a bachelor’s degree from most programs in just two years. Other benefits of the program include specialized student advisement and registration opportunities. Students who enroll in the program receive guaranteed acceptance to Fisher as long as all academic requirements are fulfilled.
“Academic alliances designed to benefit transfer students are very important to us as an institution, and we are pleased to add Erie Community College to our list of partners,” said Bain. “We hope to provide these students with a seamless transition in their educational journey, from an associate’s degree to a baccalaureate degree, as well as a rich academic and personal experience once they arrive on the Fisher campus.”
With the addition of ECC, Fisher now has 2+2 agreements with a total of seven schools, including Corning Community College, Finger Lakes Community College, Genesee Community College, Mohawk Valley Community College, Monroe Community College, and Onondaga Community College. By teaming up with Fisher, ECC adds another reputable institution to their ever-growing list of transfer partners. According to ECC President Jack Quinn, having transferable credits through these partnerships are not only beneficial for the involved colleges, but essential for today’s tuition-conscious students and their families.
“Every year, students attempt unsuccessful transitions from high school to college, and their families lose thousands of tuition dollars in the process,” said Quinn. “Here at ECC, we can guide these students through affordable college courses while they decide on a viable program path. And, once they’re ready, they can take their accumulated credits on a four-year path at a top-tier institution like St. John Fisher College. This eventually graduates more prepared students into the western New York workforce.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download