High School Students Spend-a-Day with Communication/Journalism Department
On Thursday, February 28, high school students from around New York State visited campus to participate in the Communication/Journalism (C/J) Department’s Spend-a-Day program.
A total of 19 students and their families from areas around Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, and the Southern Tier spent the day meeting current students and faculty members and taking part in a variety of activities. They collaborated on creating a sample front page of the Cardinal Courier and produced a short episode of a Cardinal Television show. Students also attended an activities fair which took place during lunch.
Current Communication/Journalism students helped welcome the visitors and gave them the student perspective on life as a C/J major at Fisher.
Latest College News Stories
- Lavigne Participates in Two Conferences
- Recent Grad Reaches Semi-Finals of Peace First Competition
- Smith Named Academy of Nursing Education Fellow
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant from the New York Higher Education Services Corporation Grant
- University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men (UPREP) Holds Classes on Campus
- St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
- Fisher Accounting Storms Europe
- Fisher Hosts a “Rochester Irish Gathering”
- College of New Rochelle Ed.D. Cohort Treated to Inspirational Guest Speaker
- Alumni Recognized at 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards
- English Club Donates Books to School No. 19
- Education Faculty Produce Documentary with East High School Students
- Fisher Takes on the 2013 Corporate Challenge
- School of Education Hosts Professional Development Schools Celebration Dinner
- Lavery’s Price Selected for Online Innovation Explorers Community