High School Students Spend-a-Day with Communication/Journalism Department
On Thursday, February 28, high school students from around New York State visited campus to participate in the Communication/Journalism (C/J) Department’s Spend-a-Day program.
A total of 19 students and their families from areas around Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, and the Southern Tier spent the day meeting current students and faculty members and taking part in a variety of activities. They collaborated on creating a sample front page of the Cardinal Courier and produced a short episode of a Cardinal Television show. Students also attended an activities fair which took place during lunch.
Current Communication/Journalism students helped welcome the visitors and gave them the student perspective on life as a C/J major at Fisher.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes