Former Fisher Faculty Named WXXI’s Volunteer of the Year
Tom Proietti, a former faculty member in the Media and Communication Department at St. John Fisher College, received the Charles M. Wise Volunteer of the Year award at WXXI and the Little Theatre’s Annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony on Thursday, April 24. Recognized for his outstanding dedication to the station, Proietti and more than 100 WXXI volunteers attended the event at WXXI’s studios.
The Charles M. Wise Volunteer of the Year Award, named after the late Charles (Chuck) Wise, a loyal WXXI volunteer for many years, stands as a testament to Wise’s unwavering spirit of volunteerism. Each year, a committee of WXXI staff members identifies one volunteer who has been an ambassador for the mission of public broadcasting in our community. Proietti was unanimously selected.
Proietti is a founding member of the Little Theatre Film Society, past President of The Little Board of Directors, and was instrumental in helping raise money for the Little’s screen saver digital conversion campaign. He has also served as talent during WXXI’s radio drives and has been a regular guest on WXXI’s mid-day talk show 1370 Connection, which is now Connections with Evan Dawson. In addition to his work at WXXI and The Little, Proietti is Professor Emeritus of Communication at Monroe Community College and Resident Scholar In Media at St. John Fisher College. He is a former advertising and cable TV executive, who spent nearly five years with Time Warner Communications/Greater Rochester Cablevision as Vice President of Marketing and Programming.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video