Fisher Remembers Ralph Wilson, Jr.
Ralph Wilson, Jr., owner of the Buffalo Bills and staunch supporter of St. John Fisher College, passed away on Tuesday, March 25. His passing leaves a sadness in the hearts of many Western New Yorkers, and many on the Fisher campus.
“The College is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Wilson. He was a generous supporter of the College, and a close personal friend. We will be forever grateful to him and to the entire Wilson family for their commitment to the College, and he will be remembered fondly by us all,” said President Bain.
Wilson’s first dealings with Fisher were in 2000, when he decided to move the team’s training camp to the Fisher campus. Then, in 2003, the College opened the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education. By 2011, the Bills and the College signed a multi-year contract for the Training Camp. And most recently, in the fall of 2013, the College renamed its Student Life Center to the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center.
“Mr. Wilson was a wonderfully kind and thoughtful man. He represented a generation that is passing very quickly. I think for the fans, it’s a real loss,” added Bain.
A tribute in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced