Fisher Remembers Ralph Wilson, Jr.
Ralph Wilson, Jr., owner of the Buffalo Bills and staunch supporter of St. John Fisher College, passed away on Tuesday, March 25. His passing leaves a sadness in the hearts of many Western New Yorkers, and many on the Fisher campus.
“The College is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Wilson. He was a generous supporter of the College, and a close personal friend. We will be forever grateful to him and to the entire Wilson family for their commitment to the College, and he will be remembered fondly by us all,” said President Bain.
Wilson’s first dealings with Fisher were in 2000, when he decided to move the team’s training camp to the Fisher campus. Then, in 2003, the College opened the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education. By 2011, the Bills and the College signed a multi-year contract for the Training Camp. And most recently, in the fall of 2013, the College renamed its Student Life Center to the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center.
“Mr. Wilson was a wonderfully kind and thoughtful man. He represented a generation that is passing very quickly. I think for the fans, it’s a real loss,” added Bain.
A tribute in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Latest College News Stories
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization