Fisher Remembers Ralph Wilson, Jr.
Ralph Wilson, Jr., owner of the Buffalo Bills and staunch supporter of St. John Fisher College, passed away on Tuesday, March 25. His passing leaves a sadness in the hearts of many Western New Yorkers, and many on the Fisher campus.
“The College is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Wilson. He was a generous supporter of the College, and a close personal friend. We will be forever grateful to him and to the entire Wilson family for their commitment to the College, and he will be remembered fondly by us all,” said President Bain.
Wilson’s first dealings with Fisher were in 2000, when he decided to move the team’s training camp to the Fisher campus. Then, in 2003, the College opened the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education. By 2011, the Bills and the College signed a multi-year contract for the Training Camp. And most recently, in the fall of 2013, the College renamed its Student Life Center to the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center.
“Mr. Wilson was a wonderfully kind and thoughtful man. He represented a generation that is passing very quickly. I think for the fans, it’s a real loss,” added Bain.
A tribute in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year