Fisher Remembers Ralph Wilson, Jr.
Ralph Wilson, Jr., owner of the Buffalo Bills and staunch supporter of St. John Fisher College, passed away on Tuesday, March 25. His passing leaves a sadness in the hearts of many Western New Yorkers, and many on the Fisher campus.
“The College is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Mr. Wilson. He was a generous supporter of the College, and a close personal friend. We will be forever grateful to him and to the entire Wilson family for their commitment to the College, and he will be remembered fondly by us all,” said President Bain.
Wilson’s first dealings with Fisher were in 2000, when he decided to move the team’s training camp to the Fisher campus. Then, in 2003, the College opened the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education. By 2011, the Bills and the College signed a multi-year contract for the Training Camp. And most recently, in the fall of 2013, the College renamed its Student Life Center to the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center.
“Mr. Wilson was a wonderfully kind and thoughtful man. He represented a generation that is passing very quickly. I think for the fans, it’s a real loss,” added Bain.
A tribute in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology