St. John Fisher College Elects Two New Board Members
Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA), Chief Operating Officer and Partner, Employee Relations Associates, Inc., and Michael O’Conor ’78, Director, Management Consulting, Jordan & Jordan, were recently elected to the St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees.
Knittel joined Employee Relations Associates, Inc., in 2009, and is responsible for contributing to the strategic vision and expansion of the human resources and talent management firm. She is also serving as the President of ER Select, Inc., a company that focuses exclusively on customized recruitment process outsourcing engagements for companies located throughout the country.
She was previously a Partner at Worldleaders in Rochester from 2007-2009, and held several positions, including Vice President, Division Director, and Placement Manager over a 10-year timeframe with Advantage Professionals, LLC.
Knittel is active in the community, serving as the Vice Chairperson of the Board of Directors and Comprehensive Campaign Chairperson for Bivona Child Advocacy Center, and is a member of the Executive Committee for the DuPlessis Wolfe Accounting Society. She was named to the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” list in 2006, and placed second on the Top 100 Employee Relations Associates list in 2011. In 2012, the College awarded her with the Dean’s Medal. She resides in Rochester.
O’Conor has been with Jordan & Jordan since 2006, providing project management and compliance expertise focused on electronic trading to institutional clients within the financial services industry. Prior to that, he was the Senior Vice President and Director of Electronic Services at Chapdelaine Institutional Equities on Long Island. He has also worked for Merrill Lynch and Co., where he held several management positions, and Citibank, Chemical Bank, and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company, serving in the corporate cash management division for each.
After completing his B.S. at Fisher, he went on to receive his MBA from Adelphi University. In 2004, he completed the Executive Program in Strategic Leadership at Harvard Business School.
O’Conor is a member of the Board of Directors for the Kennedy Child Study Center in New York City, and a Trustee at St. Anne’s Parish. He resides in Garden City, New York.
Latest College News Stories
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank