Donegan Attends National Training Course
Dr. Colleen Donegan, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, recently attended a national training course on end-of-life care presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope (COH). The organizations received a grant from the National Cancer Institute to develop and implement the curriculum.
The program, entitled “Integrating Palliative Oncology Care into Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Education and Clinical Practice,” was designed for DNP faculty teaching in DNP programs along with DNP community partners who provide oncology palliative care across the life span and across clinical settings.
Donegan was one of 46 nursing faculty competitively selected from across the United States to attend the training. The principal goal of the program was to provide education, resources, and information on palliative oncology care for DNPs and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to integrate and/or enhance palliative care services for oncology patients and their families within their institution or facilities.
The training program was conducted by a distinguished faculty of researchers, educators, authors, and leaders in the field of palliative oncology care. Topic areas included complexity of cancer care, pain and symptom assessment and management, communication, finances, quality of care in palliative care, education, and leadership.
The project was led by Betty R. Ferrell, RN, PhD, FAAN, FPCN (COH) as the principal investigator.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair
- Ed.D. Student Highlighted in Huffington Post Article for Leadership, Service