Donegan Attends National Training Course
Dr. Colleen Donegan, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, recently attended a national training course on end-of-life care presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope (COH). The organizations received a grant from the National Cancer Institute to develop and implement the curriculum.
The program, entitled “Integrating Palliative Oncology Care into Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Education and Clinical Practice,” was designed for DNP faculty teaching in DNP programs along with DNP community partners who provide oncology palliative care across the life span and across clinical settings.
Donegan was one of 46 nursing faculty competitively selected from across the United States to attend the training. The principal goal of the program was to provide education, resources, and information on palliative oncology care for DNPs and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to integrate and/or enhance palliative care services for oncology patients and their families within their institution or facilities.
The training program was conducted by a distinguished faculty of researchers, educators, authors, and leaders in the field of palliative oncology care. Topic areas included complexity of cancer care, pain and symptom assessment and management, communication, finances, quality of care in palliative care, education, and leadership.
The project was led by Betty R. Ferrell, RN, PhD, FAAN, FPCN (COH) as the principal investigator.
Latest College News Stories
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week