Donegan Attends National Training Course
Dr. Colleen Donegan, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, recently attended a national training course on end-of-life care presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope (COH). The organizations received a grant from the National Cancer Institute to develop and implement the curriculum.
The program, entitled “Integrating Palliative Oncology Care into Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Education and Clinical Practice,” was designed for DNP faculty teaching in DNP programs along with DNP community partners who provide oncology palliative care across the life span and across clinical settings.
Donegan was one of 46 nursing faculty competitively selected from across the United States to attend the training. The principal goal of the program was to provide education, resources, and information on palliative oncology care for DNPs and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to integrate and/or enhance palliative care services for oncology patients and their families within their institution or facilities.
The training program was conducted by a distinguished faculty of researchers, educators, authors, and leaders in the field of palliative oncology care. Topic areas included complexity of cancer care, pain and symptom assessment and management, communication, finances, quality of care in palliative care, education, and leadership.
The project was led by Betty R. Ferrell, RN, PhD, FAAN, FPCN (COH) as the principal investigator.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems