Donegan Attends National Training Course
Dr. Colleen Donegan, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, recently attended a national training course on end-of-life care presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope (COH). The organizations received a grant from the National Cancer Institute to develop and implement the curriculum.
The program, entitled “Integrating Palliative Oncology Care into Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Education and Clinical Practice,” was designed for DNP faculty teaching in DNP programs along with DNP community partners who provide oncology palliative care across the life span and across clinical settings.
Donegan was one of 46 nursing faculty competitively selected from across the United States to attend the training. The principal goal of the program was to provide education, resources, and information on palliative oncology care for DNPs and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to integrate and/or enhance palliative care services for oncology patients and their families within their institution or facilities.
The training program was conducted by a distinguished faculty of researchers, educators, authors, and leaders in the field of palliative oncology care. Topic areas included complexity of cancer care, pain and symptom assessment and management, communication, finances, quality of care in palliative care, education, and leadership.
The project was led by Betty R. Ferrell, RN, PhD, FAAN, FPCN (COH) as the principal investigator.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher