Donegan Attends National Training Course
Dr. Colleen Donegan, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, recently attended a national training course on end-of-life care presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope (COH). The organizations received a grant from the National Cancer Institute to develop and implement the curriculum.
The program, entitled “Integrating Palliative Oncology Care into Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Education and Clinical Practice,” was designed for DNP faculty teaching in DNP programs along with DNP community partners who provide oncology palliative care across the life span and across clinical settings.
Donegan was one of 46 nursing faculty competitively selected from across the United States to attend the training. The principal goal of the program was to provide education, resources, and information on palliative oncology care for DNPs and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to integrate and/or enhance palliative care services for oncology patients and their families within their institution or facilities.
The training program was conducted by a distinguished faculty of researchers, educators, authors, and leaders in the field of palliative oncology care. Topic areas included complexity of cancer care, pain and symptom assessment and management, communication, finances, quality of care in palliative care, education, and leadership.
The project was led by Betty R. Ferrell, RN, PhD, FAAN, FPCN (COH) as the principal investigator.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced