St. John Fisher College and Corning Community College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
Corning Community College (CCC) and St. John Fisher College officially announced a 2+2 partnership agreement on Monday, April 8. CCC President, Dr. Katherine P. Douglas, and St. John Fisher College President, Dr. Donald Bain, formally signed the agreement. This is the second 2+2 agreement Fisher has announced in the last six months, making CCC the fifth community college partnership for Fisher.
The program will require enrolled students to complete two years of prescribed coursework at CCC for an associate’s degree, and continue their coursework at Fisher, where they can earn a bachelor’s degree in just two years. Other benefits of the program include specialized student advisement and registration opportunities. The agreement covers all bachelor degree programs at Fisher. Students who enroll in the program receive guaranteed acceptance to Fisher as long as all academic requirements are fulfilled.
“Academic alliances designed to benefit transfer students are very important to us as an institution, and we are pleased to add Corning Community College to our list of partners,” said Bain. “We hope to provide their students with a seamless transition in their educational journey, from an associate’s degree to a baccalaureate degree, as well as a rich academic and personal experience once they arrive on our campus.”
With the addition of CCC, Fisher now has 2+2 agreements with a total of five schools including Finger Lakes Community College, Genesee Community College, Monroe Community College, and Onondaga Community College. CCC adds Fisher to a list of 13 private college partners throughout New York State. In addition, CCC has agreements with 23 schools within the SUNY system, and seven out-of-state colleges.
“Providing opportunities for seamless transfer for our students is a high priority for CCC. We welcome St. John Fisher College as a partner in this endeavor. This agreement expands the pathways by which CCC students can meet educational and career goals while remaining in upstate New York,” said Douglas.
Dr. Katherine Douglas and Dr. Donald Bain formally sign the agreement.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference