Countdown to Commencement – Alissa Kowalski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Alissa Kowalski, a double major in English and Anthropology. She was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
Kowalski is a true leader on the Fisher campus. She has served as a peer advisor for two years helping freshmen with academic planning and the transition from high school to college. She is also a tutor in the Math and Writing Center and anyone who works with her can easily see her love for helping students. In addition, she has been involved in the Student Activities Board, English Club, Anthropology Club as Vice President, and the Teddi Dance for Love. She is also a member of the National Residence Hall Honorary. This May, she plans to travel with the College on the JASY Service Trip.
According to Bowman, Kowalski’s biggest leadership role is shown through a service-learning position she was awarded in the fall of 2013.
“She has tremendous organizational and leadership skills that will serve her well in whatever she does,” said Bowman.
Meet this week’s featured senior Alissa Kowalski!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam