Countdown to Commencement – Alissa Kowalski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Alissa Kowalski, a double major in English and Anthropology. She was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
Kowalski is a true leader on the Fisher campus. She has served as a peer advisor for two years helping freshmen with academic planning and the transition from high school to college. She is also a tutor in the Math and Writing Center and anyone who works with her can easily see her love for helping students. In addition, she has been involved in the Student Activities Board, English Club, Anthropology Club as Vice President, and the Teddi Dance for Love. She is also a member of the National Residence Hall Honorary. This May, she plans to travel with the College on the JASY Service Trip.
According to Bowman, Kowalski’s biggest leadership role is shown through a service-learning position she was awarded in the fall of 2013.
“She has tremendous organizational and leadership skills that will serve her well in whatever she does,” said Bowman.
Meet this week’s featured senior Alissa Kowalski!
Latest College News Stories
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant
- CCNE On-Site Evaluation Scheduled
- St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for New Science Building
- AP Summer Institute Held at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Interim Dean of School of Business
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Bain Travels to Ireland
- Cyber Café Courtyard Open
- St. John Fisher College Elects New Board Member