Countdown to Commencement – Alissa Kowalski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Alissa Kowalski, a double major in English and Anthropology. She was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
Kowalski is a true leader on the Fisher campus. She has served as a peer advisor for two years helping freshmen with academic planning and the transition from high school to college. She is also a tutor in the Math and Writing Center and anyone who works with her can easily see her love for helping students. In addition, she has been involved in the Student Activities Board, English Club, Anthropology Club as Vice President, and the Teddi Dance for Love. She is also a member of the National Residence Hall Honorary. This May, she plans to travel with the College on the JASY Service Trip.
According to Bowman, Kowalski’s biggest leadership role is shown through a service-learning position she was awarded in the fall of 2013.
“She has tremendous organizational and leadership skills that will serve her well in whatever she does,” said Bowman.
Meet this week’s featured senior Alissa Kowalski!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades