Countdown to Commencement – Alissa Kowalski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Alissa Kowalski, a double major in English and Anthropology. She was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
Kowalski is a true leader on the Fisher campus. She has served as a peer advisor for two years helping freshmen with academic planning and the transition from high school to college. She is also a tutor in the Math and Writing Center and anyone who works with her can easily see her love for helping students. In addition, she has been involved in the Student Activities Board, English Club, Anthropology Club as Vice President, and the Teddi Dance for Love. She is also a member of the National Residence Hall Honorary. This May, she plans to travel with the College on the JASY Service Trip.
According to Bowman, Kowalski’s biggest leadership role is shown through a service-learning position she was awarded in the fall of 2013.
“She has tremendous organizational and leadership skills that will serve her well in whatever she does,” said Bowman.
Meet this week’s featured senior Alissa Kowalski!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization