Countdown to Commencement – Alissa Kowalski
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Alissa Kowalski, a double major in English and Anthropology. She was nominated by Jim Bowman, Professor of English.
Kowalski is a true leader on the Fisher campus. She has served as a peer advisor for two years helping freshmen with academic planning and the transition from high school to college. She is also a tutor in the Math and Writing Center and anyone who works with her can easily see her love for helping students. In addition, she has been involved in the Student Activities Board, English Club, Anthropology Club as Vice President, and the Teddi Dance for Love. She is also a member of the National Residence Hall Honorary. This May, she plans to travel with the College on the JASY Service Trip.
According to Bowman, Kowalski’s biggest leadership role is shown through a service-learning position she was awarded in the fall of 2013.
“She has tremendous organizational and leadership skills that will serve her well in whatever she does,” said Bowman.
Meet this week’s featured senior Alissa Kowalski!
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students