St. John Fisher College Recognized for Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Education
St. John Fisher College has received a $100,000 grant from the George I. Alden Trust as part of the Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Award program. The grant will support the College’s institutional scholarship endowment.
The award is intended to publicly recognize institutions that have excelled in retention, education, graduation, and career placement. Other factors that are taken into account for the award include academic, demographic, and other relevant characteristics of the student population.
Fisher received special recognition in the competition alongside several schools, including Vassar College, Franklin & Marshall College, Mount Holyoke College, and Saint Peter’s University. The College of the Holy Cross received the competition’s first place Excellence Award.
Fisher’s Science Scholar Program, Service Scholars Program, and First-Generation Scholarship were of significance in the decision to award the grant. Additionally, the College’s emphasis on a student’s first-year experience and the Community-Based Service-Learning Program helped get the recognition.
“St. John Fisher College has built its foundation on providing students with a comprehensive education that prepares them to build lives, create careers, and serve the community,” said Dr. Donald Bain, President. “We are most grateful to the George I. Alden Trust for this prestigious award. Their generosity will certainly help our students continue to reach their goals.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff
- Optics and Extraterrestrials the Focus of Oct. 13 Loss Lecture
- Fisher Wins Courage Bowl XI in Double Overtime
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Martin Mucci Named Inaugural Influential Leader from AACSB
- Dialogues Explore Issues of Race, Equity, and Justice