St. John Fisher College Recognized for Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Education
St. John Fisher College has received a $100,000 grant from the George I. Alden Trust as part of the Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Award program. The grant will support the College’s institutional scholarship endowment.
The award is intended to publicly recognize institutions that have excelled in retention, education, graduation, and career placement. Other factors that are taken into account for the award include academic, demographic, and other relevant characteristics of the student population.
Fisher received special recognition in the competition alongside several schools, including Vassar College, Franklin & Marshall College, Mount Holyoke College, and Saint Peter’s University. The College of the Holy Cross received the competition’s first place Excellence Award.
Fisher’s Science Scholar Program, Service Scholars Program, and First-Generation Scholarship were of significance in the decision to award the grant. Additionally, the College’s emphasis on a student’s first-year experience and the Community-Based Service-Learning Program helped get the recognition.
“St. John Fisher College has built its foundation on providing students with a comprehensive education that prepares them to build lives, create careers, and serve the community,” said Dr. Donald Bain, President. “We are most grateful to the George I. Alden Trust for this prestigious award. Their generosity will certainly help our students continue to reach their goals.”
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program