St. John Fisher College Recognized for Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Education
St. John Fisher College has received a $100,000 grant from the George I. Alden Trust as part of the Excellence in Career-Related Undergraduate Award program. The grant will support the College’s institutional scholarship endowment.
The award is intended to publicly recognize institutions that have excelled in retention, education, graduation, and career placement. Other factors that are taken into account for the award include academic, demographic, and other relevant characteristics of the student population.
Fisher received special recognition in the competition alongside several schools, including Vassar College, Franklin & Marshall College, Mount Holyoke College, and Saint Peter’s University. The College of the Holy Cross received the competition’s first place Excellence Award.
Fisher’s Science Scholar Program, Service Scholars Program, and First-Generation Scholarship were of significance in the decision to award the grant. Additionally, the College’s emphasis on a student’s first-year experience and the Community-Based Service-Learning Program helped get the recognition.
“St. John Fisher College has built its foundation on providing students with a comprehensive education that prepares them to build lives, create careers, and serve the community,” said Dr. Donald Bain, President. “We are most grateful to the George I. Alden Trust for this prestigious award. Their generosity will certainly help our students continue to reach their goals.”
Latest College News Stories
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club