Relay for Life Slated for April 11
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, St. John Fisher College’s student organization “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC) will host the 13th Annual Relay for Life in the Student Life Center. The 12-hour event will run through 6:00 a.m., Saturday, April 12, and aims to celebrate, remember, and fight back for all those who have been affected by cancer.
To date, over 185 participants have registered and nearly $7,000.00 has been raised. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. This year’s event theme is “Hope in Hollywood,” and teams are being encouraged to come dressed as their favorite movie or Hollywood actors.
Participants who register online before the event and raise at least $100 will be entered to win an iPad mini. The winner will be announced at the event, and must be present to win.
Senior Lindsey Kocher, President of Students With A Vision, may perhaps be one of the more brave participants, as she has vowed to shave her head at the event if at least $10,000 has been raised by the event itself.
This year’s Relay will include performances by Measure 13, Big Tuna and the Fishermen, Fisher Dance, and Fisher Swingbirds.
"We are very excited for this year's Relay for Life. It is an event that allows people from different class years and majors to unite for one night all for a common cause. We have a lot of great things planned for the night and hope that campus has as much fun attending as we have had planning,” said Catherine Fafone, President of CAC.
Members of the CAC committee and Relay participants will be tweeting throughout the event using #FisherRelay. The 2014 St. John Fisher College Relay for Life is being co-hosted by the American Cancer Society.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation