Fisher Alumna Recognized in Forty Under 40
Elizabeth Amato Fleck ’04 received the Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award on November 13 during the annual awards luncheon. The award recognizes professionals younger than 40 years of age for service in their jobs and in the community.
Fleck is the Manager of Health Information Technology (HIT) for Innovative Solutions in Rochester. She utilizes her knowledge of health informatics and health administration to assist physicians’ practices, health centers, and other healthcare organizations in the effective implementation of HIT. Her primary responsibilities include working with the physicians, administrators, nurses, and office staff with tools and best practices to ensure successful adoption of HIT, and develop the framework for clinical transformation services used by physicians’ offices. Additionally, she collaborates with community stakeholders to advance community-wide use of HIT.
After graduating from Fisher with a bachelor of arts degree in childhood education and a second degree in psychology, Fleck went to Charlotte, North Carolina, where she was a teacher at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools. While there, she received the Outstanding First-Year Teacher of the Year Award for excellence in teaching and peer/parent communication. Prior to joining Innovative Solutions, Fleck was an assistant administrator at Women Gynecology and Childbirth Associates. She received her master of science degree in health administration from Roberts Wesleyan College in 2010.
Fleck is a member of the Health Information Management Systems Society New York Chapter, Digital Rochester, and the Medical Group Management Association. She was nominated for the Technology Woman of the Year Award in 2011 and 2012, and is the recipient of the Distinguished Leadership and Academic Award from Roberts Wesleyan College. She currently serves on the March of Dimes Board of Directors.
Latest College News Stories
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery