Reinson Invited to New Media Summit at Stanford University
Kyle F. Reinson, assistant professor in the Department of Communication/ Journalism, has been invited to attend the 2012 Academic Summit at Stanford University, sponsored by Edelman, one of the world’s largest public relations firms. Each year, Edelman convenes academic leaders to interact with corporate executives, marketers, and digital media thought leaders so that public relations curricula at colleges and universities can be better aligned with emerging industry practices.
This year’s conference (June 20-22), When All Media Is Social: Navigating the Future of Communications, will be a three-day conversation among college and university faculty from across America, as well as the executive staff of Edelman and many of its global clients, who share current best practices and discuss the latest trends in the professional use of new media.
“This is my third invitation to attend this summit and each time I go, I bring insights directly back to the classroom,” Reinson said. “It’s a highly collaborative and creative conversation that helps me convey the most important skills to my students in the introductory and advanced public relations courses.”
Visit www.newmediaacademicsummit.com/Summit2012/home.html for more information on the event.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year