Reinson Invited to New Media Summit at Stanford University
Kyle F. Reinson, assistant professor in the Department of Communication/ Journalism, has been invited to attend the 2012 Academic Summit at Stanford University, sponsored by Edelman, one of the world’s largest public relations firms. Each year, Edelman convenes academic leaders to interact with corporate executives, marketers, and digital media thought leaders so that public relations curricula at colleges and universities can be better aligned with emerging industry practices.
This year’s conference (June 20-22), When All Media Is Social: Navigating the Future of Communications, will be a three-day conversation among college and university faculty from across America, as well as the executive staff of Edelman and many of its global clients, who share current best practices and discuss the latest trends in the professional use of new media.
“This is my third invitation to attend this summit and each time I go, I bring insights directly back to the classroom,” Reinson said. “It’s a highly collaborative and creative conversation that helps me convey the most important skills to my students in the introductory and advanced public relations courses.”
Visit www.newmediaacademicsummit.com/Summit2012/home.html for more information on the event.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative