English Student Publishes Essay
Samantha Reynolds, a senior English major, has had her lyric essay, “Sixty Seconds of Rain,” published in the current issue of Canto Magazine, a Rochester-based monthly literary arts journal.
Reynolds wrote and edited the essay in Dr. Jim Bowman’s English 365 class. M.J. Iuppa, Writer-in-Residence and Reynold’s fall internship supervisor reviewed the essay, and recommended to Reynolds that she submit it for publication.
As a student, Reynolds has written for The Cardinal Courier, C Magazine, Collegium, and Cardinal Virtue. She is currently an intern at the Rochester Business Journal working in the editorial department.
“With every new experience, I find myself one step closer to a career where I can get my pen to paper, my fingers to a keyboard, and create a new outlook on something. I love the expressive atmosphere of the newsroom, copy-editing an article and the revision process, and the satisfaction of creating a quality publication for the world to see,” said Reynolds.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation