English Student Publishes Essay
Samantha Reynolds, a senior English major, has had her lyric essay, “Sixty Seconds of Rain,” published in the current issue of Canto Magazine, a Rochester-based monthly literary arts journal.
Reynolds wrote and edited the essay in Dr. Jim Bowman’s English 365 class. M.J. Iuppa, Writer-in-Residence and Reynold’s fall internship supervisor reviewed the essay, and recommended to Reynolds that she submit it for publication.
As a student, Reynolds has written for The Cardinal Courier, C Magazine, Collegium, and Cardinal Virtue. She is currently an intern at the Rochester Business Journal working in the editorial department.
“With every new experience, I find myself one step closer to a career where I can get my pen to paper, my fingers to a keyboard, and create a new outlook on something. I love the expressive atmosphere of the newsroom, copy-editing an article and the revision process, and the satisfaction of creating a quality publication for the world to see,” said Reynolds.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher