English Student Publishes Essay
Samantha Reynolds, a senior English major, has had her lyric essay, “Sixty Seconds of Rain,” published in the current issue of Canto Magazine, a Rochester-based monthly literary arts journal.
Reynolds wrote and edited the essay in Dr. Jim Bowman’s English 365 class. M.J. Iuppa, Writer-in-Residence and Reynold’s fall internship supervisor reviewed the essay, and recommended to Reynolds that she submit it for publication.
As a student, Reynolds has written for The Cardinal Courier, C Magazine, Collegium, and Cardinal Virtue. She is currently an intern at the Rochester Business Journal working in the editorial department.
“With every new experience, I find myself one step closer to a career where I can get my pen to paper, my fingers to a keyboard, and create a new outlook on something. I love the expressive atmosphere of the newsroom, copy-editing an article and the revision process, and the satisfaction of creating a quality publication for the world to see,” said Reynolds.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition