English Student Publishes Essay
Samantha Reynolds, a senior English major, has had her lyric essay, “Sixty Seconds of Rain,” published in the current issue of Canto Magazine, a Rochester-based monthly literary arts journal.
Reynolds wrote and edited the essay in Dr. Jim Bowman’s English 365 class. M.J. Iuppa, Writer-in-Residence and Reynold’s fall internship supervisor reviewed the essay, and recommended to Reynolds that she submit it for publication.
As a student, Reynolds has written for The Cardinal Courier, C Magazine, Collegium, and Cardinal Virtue. She is currently an intern at the Rochester Business Journal working in the editorial department.
“With every new experience, I find myself one step closer to a career where I can get my pen to paper, my fingers to a keyboard, and create a new outlook on something. I love the expressive atmosphere of the newsroom, copy-editing an article and the revision process, and the satisfaction of creating a quality publication for the world to see,” said Reynolds.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture