Annual Scholarship Dinner Held November 9
St. John Fisher College held its Annual Scholarship Dinner on Wednesday, November 9, bringing together over 175 scholarship benefactors and recipients to Cleary Auditorium. Each year, a scholarship benefactor and recipient are invited to speak. This year, benefactor Peter Montemurno ’96, and recipient Bridget Wegman ’13, shared stories about their scholarship experiences. Dr. Donald Bain offered opening remarks.
Montemurno started the Peter C. Montemurno Scholarship in 2010 as a way to give back to his alma mater and to pay tribute to his Italian heritage.
While a student at Fisher, he played football for four years under current Head Coach Paul Vosburgh, and he is currently the color analyst for all of the Fisher football games on Sports Radio 950 ESPN here in Rochester. He is also a commentator for the Time Warner High School Football Game of the Week.
Since graduating from Fisher, Montemurno has been a dedicated and loyal supporter of the College. He served on the Alumni Board for over four years, and he currently serves on Dr. Bain’s President’s Advisory Council. Additionally, he is a committee member for the College’s Scholarship Golf Tournament, which raises more than $100,000 annually.
Outside of his involvement with Fisher, he serves on the Board of Directors of Camp Good Days and Special Times. For the last seven years, he has worked for Hartford Financial as a senior sales representative covering all of Western New York.
Wegman is a junior at Fisher studying Childhood and Special Education. The recipient of the Dr. Mark Welch Scholarship, she is a part of the College’s honors program, and currently carries a GPA of 3.99.
She is truly an exceptional student who possesses leadership skills, a commitment to community service, and a commitment to her education. Ever since she was a student at the Aquinas Institute, Wegman has taken advantage of every opportunity to get involved with activities in school. That passion has transferred to her experience as a Fisher student. Currently, she is a member of the Teacher Education Student Association Club, Secretary for the Council for Exceptional Children, a leadership team assistant and advertising chair for Fisher CRU, an Assistive Technology Technician for Students with Disabilities, and she is a team captain for intramural volleyball.
Wegman also takes part in several community service projects on and off campus, including the “Walk for Change,” volunteering as a kindergarten helper at the St. Lawrence School, and volunteering for the Andrews Center where she works with disabled foster children and helps with their outreach program.
Peter Montemurno '96
Bridget Wegman '13
First Generation Scholars pose with donor Charlie Constantino '61 and his wife, Elaine.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year